Page 21 of 43 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast

Thread: The Trigger

Time to start recceing some better lines over Bleaklow & arranging lift share then!

How does it work with getting to the start - do you need to get a lift there? Are there lift's available?

Quote Originally Posted by luxinterior View Post
    How does it work with getting to the start - do you need to get a lift there? Are there lift's available?
    Last time I organised a taxi from Edale for myself and a friend, then extended the offer of a lift to Sam (via this forum). Might need to book a bigger vehicle this time (people carrier or minibus), as have a few more friends looking to do it. In the next few weeks I'll post again what I've arranged and if any spaces are available - Sam, noted that you're looking for another lift. Guess you'll be staying at Edale YHA again (we're already booked in)?
    Totley AC

Posted my entry form off last weekend... got 3 weeks 'warm weather training' in Fuerteventura immediately prior to this, so expecting a cold January morning in Marsden to be quite a shock to the system...!

Quote Originally Posted by MarkClayton View Post
    Last time I organised a taxi from Edale for myself and a friend, then extended the offer of a lift to Sam (via this forum). Might need to book a bigger vehicle this time (people carrier or minibus), as have a few more friends looking to do it. In the next few weeks I'll post again what I've arranged and if any spaces are available - Sam, noted that you're looking for another lift. Guess you'll be staying at Edale YHA again (we're already booked in)?
    Hello Mark,

Not sure of my plans yet - might stay at home & get up early to get over to Edale or Sheffield & go from there. I'll be in touch when I've got a clearer idea. Hope running is treating you well.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Travs View Post
    Posted my entry form off last weekend... got 3 weeks 'warm weather training' in Fuerteventura immediately prior to this, so expecting a cold January morning in Marsden to be quite a shock to the system...!
    Travs
    I went to Fuerteventura last year (Southern end)and although I couldn't get hold of any maps, I found some excellent trails courtesy of google maps into the higher mountains (good paths up to the highest summit)in the south. Also there is a couple of little volcanos near the southern resorts with good networks of trails and good hill rep opportunities. Further north there appeared to be some impressive jagged peaks but with little sign of any trails of paths.

Thanks for the info Corniceman... I'm staying in the north of the island, hoping to do plenty of running, hoping the volcanic terrain isn't too harsh on my feet...! There looks to be a bit of a range of hills maybe 1500 feet high, just outside the resort, also loads of sand dunes as well

See you at Langdale, I'm sure I noticed your name on the entry list..!!

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Travs View Post
    See you at Langdale, I'm sure I noticed your name on the entry list..!!
    Travs I have been injured again since Bingley Show race when I popped a peroneal tendon in my ankle. I am hoping to get back to some gentle stuff soon but probably no racing until next year. Good luck to you at Langdale.

Quote Originally Posted by luxinterior View Post
    you need to get yourself to the start, it's worth knowing that you can leave a bag at the start that will get transported to the finish - so i've you've stayed in Yorkshire the night before and have sleeping kit, or worn a warm coat on the journey over, bring a spare bag to put it in. It's a good system, there's normally a few people as above looking for lifts so you should be ok.

your next conundrum is - Lawrence Edge or Wildboar Clough?! :-)

It was mentioned last year that there could be "very different" checkpoints on Kinder this year to avoid the flags to mill hill! It will be interesting to see what they have in mind.