Page 25 of 43 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast

Thread: The Trigger

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewStuart View Post
    If the place is still available I'll take it!
    Andy Stuart
    Is that the very tall Andy Stuart we were talking to after last weekend's RAB Mini MM at Greenfield? Is yes, "Hello, it was nice to meet you", if not, it was still nice to meet you!!

Sorry to hijack the thread. But have a nice Trigger - I'll probably see you somewhere on Kinder.

Quote Originally Posted by GeoffB View Post
    Is that the very tall Andy Stuart we were talking to after last weekend's RAB Mini MM at Greenfield? Is yes, "Hello, it was nice to meet you", if not, it was still nice to meet you!!

Sorry to hijack the thread. But have a nice Trigger - I'll probably see you somewhere on Kinder.
    Yes, nice to meet you and find out why I couldn't find control 19!

I noted the details about the 'route across sliddens' which are on the race website... is this compulsory, for example I might be intending a slightly different route down to Crowden (I.e Tooleyshaw) .....?

anyone in the know who can advise...?

Quote Originally Posted by Travs View Post
    I noted the details about the 'route across sliddens' which are on the race website... is this compulsory, for example I might be intending a slightly different route down to Crowden (I.e Tooleyshaw) .....?

Interesting idea. I've done this race 3 times since it first started and never heard about any such restriction (but don't take that as being a green light to do this). I guess the alternative route you describe is a slight variation of the Four Inns course, but no need to visit Hey Edge CP, so can take a more direct line down to Crowden (as per Holme Moss race). I've always gone via Sliddens.... but not for any particular reason. Using Tracklogs, appears Sliddens is 0.2 mls shorter, but with next to no difference in ascent (no major surprise there I suppose). Can be quite boggy running over Westend Moss. There is a reasonably hard track to be followed after Crowden Little Brook if you go via Sliddens, which could prove a tad quicker.
    Last edited by MarkClayton; 29-12-2015 at 03:37 AM.
    Totley AC

Quote Originally Posted by Travs View Post

You are welcome to take Tooleyshaw if a slow time is required, It's a lot rougher and boggier and will cost you big time.

There is a slightly different route every year dropping down sliddens, it takes you to a different stile (one of three) to cross a fence to stop a permanent path forming on reseeded ground, it adds no distance on at all. this section is always marked and must be followed.

Thanks for the info and route advice Ian!

I've elected to spend 3 weeks running in The Canaries which could possibly have been better spend recceing the course, so a slow time is probably the least of my issues..!

I've elected to spend 3 weeks running in The Canaries
    sorry to go off topic, but which island?
    ....it's all downhill from here.

Hi Dave... Fuerteventura.... staying at a "sports hotel" in Corralejo.... scenery is stunning, and great for running... mountains, dunes, extinct volcanoes.... feel free to pm me if you want to know anything specific (note I'm still here so may take a little while to reply)

Somebody has dropped out, so place available in a 16 seater taxi going from Edale village hall @ 6.15am. Any takers? Just £10.
    Last edited by MarkClayton; 01-01-2016 at 07:18 PM.
    Totley AC

Quote Originally Posted by MarkClayton View Post
    Somebody has dropped out, so place available in a 16 seater taxi going from Edale village hall @ 6.15am. Any takers? Just £10.
    Mark, I will take it! Yiannis