Page 33 of 43 FirstFirst ... 233132333435 ... LastLast

Thread: The Trigger

https://photos.app.goo.gl/a6KHumNEaqACcNM42 A few photos from Beau Dog and me. Well done everyone :-)
    The Trigger 4k from the end at the bottom of Jacobs ladder. Some when over the top. This is such a tough and brilliant race. Super friendly race that everyone really enjoyed. Fell runners are such a super friendly bunch. Well done to all. Nigel's race 44 of his 50@50 where he is raising money for the Thomas Theyer Foundation. Beau dog greeted many with a cheer. Thank you very much to Organisers, marshals, helpers. Brilliant race. Money raised up to today for the Thomas Theyer Foundaion £1056! Amazing! No obligation but if you wish to make a small donation to the Thomas Theyer Foundation from as little as £2 please follow the link https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/Nigel-Jeff . If you would like the high quality original with none of the writing on please message me your e-mail quoting the file number bottom left. :-)

Master
    We've foolishly entered this for 2019!
    What do people tend to do about getting to Marsden from Edale? I was thinking of public transport but that looks like a bit of a nightmare.

It has been known for people to drive to Edale and jog to Marsden in time for the start. I remember a few years ago YDT finished the race, had a cup of tea and then ran back to Marsden to pick up his car.

Pennine take a mini-bus from New Mills/Hayfield to Marsden and some mug volunteers to drive it every year!

I'm not being much help, am I?

Quote Originally Posted by GeoffB View Post
    mug volunteers to drive it every year!
    Did you enjoy the beer?

Master
    Within sight of Leicestershire's Beacon Hill
    Quote Originally Posted by Toreador View Post
    What do people tend to do about getting to Marsden from Edale? I was thinking of public transport but that looks like a bit of a nightmare.
    Train once an hour, with one change at Manchester Picadilly, for £16 single. Total journey time: just under two hours. Not great, but quicker than jogging back to Marsden.
    In his lifetime he suffered from unreality, as do so many Englishmen.
    Jorge Luis Borges

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by anthonykay View Post
    Train once an hour, with one change at Manchester Picadilly, for £16 single. Total journey time: just under two hours. Not great, but quicker than jogging back to Marsden.
    Now how did I not find that?! Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by DrPat
    Did you enjoy the beer?
    I certainly did

I'm in, 4th year in a row.

For me it's the "must do" race of mid-winter. Weather can turn it from a tough day out into a complete nightmare. Last year I thought I was flying until I got onto Kinder edge into the freezing wind, and very quickly felt distinctly awful, and was glad to get down.

Arriving at Kinder Low in a pack is the highlight for me, people heading off in all directions, a real free-for-all! I've got a foolproof way, even in mist, and seems to be quicker than most, but I've also finished behind people who were behind me at Kinder Low without ever seeing them!

less than 15 places remaining.. possibly take a few reserves...last chance this week I reckon to get an automatic place

Looks like we're in for a treat if the forecast holds... good visibility, temperatures above zero, and a windchill of only a few degrees below freezing.

Of course it's probably better off when it's frozen solid over that terrain, but would swap that for a clear day...