Page 39 of 43 FirstFirst ... 293738394041 ... LastLast

Thread: The Trigger

There is an article in the September 2021 Derbyshire Life magazine about Tankys Trog which might be of interest to some.
    Unfortunately I have no idea how to put it on here!
    Visibility good except in Hill Fog

Quote Originally Posted by Llani Boy View Post
    There is an article in the September 2021 Derbyshire Life magazine about Tankys Trog which might be of interest to some.

September 2021 Derbyshire Life

Which page?

Sometimes you can sample some pages off the download copy.
    "...as dry as the Atacama desert".

I don't know Graham as I don't take Derbyshire Life!

I had "googled" Tankys Trog and the first thing that came up was www.greatbritishlife and when I clicked on it the article appeared.

Just like magic!

I don't know Graham as I don't take Derbyshire Life!

I had "googled" Tankys Trog and the first thing that came up was www.greatbritishlife and when I clicked on it the article appeared.

Just like magic!
    So it does. Isn't the internet wonderful!

Although the image I was reforming of you as an exhalted member of the aristocracy and a stalwart of Derbyshire landed gentry is now dashed.
    "...as dry as the Atacama desert".

My top tips for Trigger are:
    Don't get too caught up on needing to know 'the lines'. A solid bearing and liking of the heavy stuff should suffice.
    It's a long way back from Snake Summit and there's a lot of running so save some energy.
    Trying to lose your competitors by dragging them through as many groughs and snow drifts as possible is a solid tactic.

(Nic, 3 races, 3 wins)
    Nic Barber. Downhill Dandy

[QUOTE=ba-ba;676649]My top tips for Trigger are:
    Don't get too caught up on needing to know 'the lines'. A solid bearing and liking of the heavy stuff should suffice.
    It's a long way back from Snake Summit and there's a lot of running so save some energy.
    Trying to lose your competitors by dragging them through as many groughs and snow drifts as possible is a solid tactic.

(Nic, 3 races, 3 wins)[/Q]
    The only way I used to stay near the front was by knowing all the lines..
    Its easy for some one of your speed and quality to just cruise round

saving something is definitely important.

dragging fellow competitors through bogs and deep heather....that goes with out saying.

Hope you're well Nic

Tankys that was a cracking race. I had 7th,6th,5th on consecutive years if only it had kept going there was a first in the offing I beat some top runners on that race.
    not the usual Tanky lines and his track is way off and doesn't even match his description.. only joking, it a longer but nice if a little too much paved running.

knowing the lines on this race was definitely a must.

Excellent race today
    Very well organised
    The new route up to Sandy Heys trig and the River Kinder does seem a more natural route.
    Shame about the out of bounds area of Higher Shelf Stones but not a major issue.
    The climb up Kinder was fun with all that snow. Big kudos to the mountain Rescue team there all those hours.
    Peat and cold puddles everywhere but weather perhaps not as bad as it might have been?
    Good to cheer on The Spine runners coming the other way!

[QUOTE=drd1234;677363]
    Shame about the out of bounds area of Higher Shelf Stones but not a major issue.

I am told that the winner ignored the out of bounds area from Higher Shelf Stones and took the direct route to the Snake Summit.

Perhaps there will be a Stewards Enquiry.

If true that's naughty and should be a definite DSQ and a slap on the wrist - ignoring rules and putting the future of the race (and races in the area) at risk. Ignorance is not an excuse - Nicky and team are always very clear on OOBs/routes to be used specifically because this area of the peak is so febrile with regards to permissions.

Not seen any results yet, heard a few stories from friends though! Shame Tom Saville couldn't make the threepeat (though slightly relieved as my record stands intact). Looking forward to getting back on the Trigger next year!
    Nic Barber. Downhill Dandy