Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Spofforth Gala Trail Race

Re: Spofforth Gala Trail Race

Results - http://www.ukresults.net/2009/spofforth.html - good run there glenn

Cheers...I did feel a little under the weather but soon bucked up after a couple of miles.
    I was suprised at the amount of club runners in attendance.
    The one thing I've noticed about Yorkshire clubs is they breed some bloody good runners...and are usually really well represented....I'm gonna see about joining a club in the area as my 'second' club.

Glenn sorry it was a bit chaotic. My mic wasn't very effective and we all got a bit preoccupied with the Pudsey Pacer bloke who keeled over on the finish line. Still trying to find out how he is. It felt as if conditions were warm and humid so sweating wasn't helping as a cooling function. I patted one or two backs to find shirts wringing with liquid...uurgh!
    Well done by the way and thanks for the rating on the RW site
    Your missus won second in her category I think. Did she get her prize? If not it'll be posted on.Well done anyway.
    Last edited by Guick Dotto; 01-09-2009 at 11:03 PM.
    "I am not a number! I am a free man!"

Hey,thats great...didn't think she'd have got a prize as she came in second in her catagory.We had to get off sharpish so we didn't catch the results.
    Anyway,thanks again,
    Glenn

Quote Originally Posted by Guick Dotto View Post
    Glenn sorry it was a bit chaotic. My mic wasn't very effective and we all got a bit preoccupied with the Pudsey Pacer bloke who keeled over on the finish line. Still trying to find out how he is. It felt as if conditions were warm and humid so sweating wasn't helping as a cooling function. I patted one or two backs to find shirts wringing with liquid...uurgh!
    Well done by the way and thanks for the rating on the RW site
    Your missus won second in her category I think. Did she get her prize? If not it'll be posted on.Well done anyway.
    got told he went to hospital for five hours ,put him on a drip for dehydration , shook him up a bit but he is a tough old boot and will recover .

got told he went to hospital for five hours ,put him on a drip for dehydration , shook him up a bit but he is a tough old boot and will recover .
    Good to hear he is OK...its aways a bit of a shock when you see other runners suffering.

Quote Originally Posted by owmeknee View Post
    Wow! I hope he's alright. The person on our committee with all the entrants details has been trying to contact him but last time I rang they hadn't been able to. He was talking and moving alright albeit lying down, but the paramedics weren't taking any chances it seems.

Quote Originally Posted by glenn View Post
    Good to hear he is OK...its aways a bit of a shock when you see other runners suffering.
    Yep good to hear that Gary is ok. Hadn't realised how bad it was though suspected something was untoward when I overtook him just after crossing back into the field from the track.

He's ok thank goodness.

Spofforth Gala Trail Race

Time to start planning your Bank Holiday (30th August) in Spofforth. Still got a gala, but we start from the heart of the village now, right in front of the ruined castle. Same off road course as before and about 400ft of ascent. A very pleasant way to pass a late summer bank holiday. See you there.