Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2014 English Schools

2014 English Schools

Congratulations to all the super stars of the future who took part in the races today, to the organisers and Emma Clayton who presented the awards and signed numerous numbers making it a great day for the juniors. Prize giving photos and a few others on http://www.woodentops.org.uk/ Seriously, loads more to follow!!

Brilliant day, really well organised as usual. It's become one of the highlights of the year for our runners (Richmond School). We never get close to winning anything but the kids love it! Massive thanks to all involved - and as a pretty experienced fell runner myself I know what goes into these things!

Quote Originally Posted by Jammy View Post
    Brilliant day, really well organised as usual. It's become one of the highlights of the year for our runners (Richmond School). We never get close to winning anything but the kids love it! Massive thanks to all involved - and as a pretty experienced fell runner myself I know what goes into these things!
    I'll second that. Well done Calder High. Tough, technical course and loads of very gritty performances from all!

All year 7 photos up on http://www.woodentops.org.uk/ other year races to follow tomorrow, time for bed now, results on http://www.sportident.co.uk/results/2014/ESFRC/

Quote Originally Posted by Jonesy View Post
    I'll second that. Well done Calder High. Tough, technical course and loads of very gritty performances from all!
    Yes great day Some fantastic racing and a lovely social atmosphere too. Big well done to all the organisers and helpers

Great weather - great racing and super hospitality from the hosts.

I was pleased to be asked for the 4th year to be official photographer and the pics are online now at

www.athletesinaction.co.uk

(password is freely available from the event literature and is in place as requested by the event organiser)

keep checking back as they will take all day to upload them all
    Last edited by bestathlete; 29-09-2014 at 01:06 PM.
    Event Photography

Password?
    Quote Originally Posted by bestathlete View Post
    Great weather - great racing and super hospitality from the hosts.

I was pleased to be asked for the 4th year to be official photographer and the pics are online now at

keep checking back as they will take all day to upload them all
    P

I wasn't able to make it this year, but looking at the results it is great to see more girls than boys in the Year 8/9 race. That doesn't happen often in sport.

Thanks to all those that entered in such a short time window.

All photographs including races Year 7, Year 8 - 9, Year 10 - 11, Year 12 - 13 & more importantly prize giving and Emma Clayton being a super star signing numbers and posing up now on http://www.woodentops.org.uk/. All photos are free to take/download and we hope it encourages you to fulfil your athletic dreams, we remember Emma Clayton competing as a 12 year old on the fells, and we have photographic evidence!!

Thumbs up

Apart from all the other great aspects of the day, the stand out feature for me was the finish arena.
    Brilliant atmosphere and the opportunity to cheer everyone home.

Congratulations on the organisation and hard work by so many people.
    Going downhill fast - until I fell over