Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Runfurther Series 2015

Runfurther Series 2015

We're pleased to say that we've now got the 2015 Runfurther races decided. They're going to be announced in Trail Running magazine, in the shops on Thursday 6 November, and also on our website www.runfurther.com of course. Some of them are already open for entry, so get your entries in as soon as you can. There's a bit more info on our website now, but we're saving most of it for 6 November!
    Andy Robinson
    Runfurther committee member
    Helsby Running Club

exciting - which races will be in the series next year, where will our travels take us that we have not run before?

Super Moderator
    Strange choice to announce next year's events in that way? In a word, why?
    Poacher turned game-keeper

It will simultaneously be in that Mag, on our website and on Facebook and on FRA forum.

Runfurther 2015 race series now finalised. announcement within the week!! Also we have 5 sponsors already and one more perhaps in the pipeline so the prizes for each race should continue to grow. Come and join us for the AGM and Prize Giving etc on Sat 29 Nov in the Peak District. even if you are not a category winner please come along as we need your input in races to include etc plus there will be spot prizes. it would be good to know ,who is planning to come- do not want to run out of space, tea or cake!

Quote Originally Posted by Derby Tup View Post
    Strange choice to announce next year's events in that way? In a word, why?
    Why strange? We want to reach runners we haven't reached yet, so it seemed an obvious way to do that. The Fellrunner deadline was too early for us to get the announcement in Fellrunner.
    Andy Robinson
    Helsby Running Club

The 2015 Runfurther races have now been announced: in Trail Running magazine, ande of course on our website runfurther.com. Let us know what you think, & if you like the look of it, get the races in your diaries!

We've got 3 new races for 2015 - new to Runfurther that is:
    1. The Ox - 35 miles in South Wiltshire. It looks a very good fast route, but we haven't run it ourselves yet. It was a new race for 2014.
    2. The Clif Bar 10 Peaks Lakes - 45 miles of Lakes mountain tops. Anyone wanting to do the Runfurther Grand Slam in 2015 is going to have to really mean it: this is the toughest race I've ever run in. About 2/3 of a Bob Graham Round.
    3. The Jedburgh Three Peaks Ultra - the Runfurther trip to Scotland for 2015, and a lot easier to get to than the last couple over the border. I've not run the race, but I've walked much of the route, & it'll make great running.

The Fellsman, the Marlborough Downs Challenge, the Bullock Smithy Hike, the Hardmoors 60 and the Isle of Man Mountain Ultra all return to Runfurther after a break - it's great to have them back (the IOM race used to be called the Manx Mountain Marathon).

The Haworth Hobble, the Calderdale Hike, the Three Rings of Shap and the Long Tour of Bradwell are the only 4 retained from this year, and of the 4 the Calderdale Hike has a new route for 2015, so that's new too really.

If you're missing old favourites, the races will still be on anyway, and we're hoping to be back at the High Peak 40, the Round Rotherham 50 and the Evesham Ultra in 2016 - no promises mind!
    Andy Robinson
    Helsby Running Club

Looks like there's some good races in this for 2015 and I'm planning to have a crack at this, not that I'll be troubling the leader board too much though!

For what its worth I think launching this in the way you have was a really good idea and will hopefully encourage more people to have a go. Good work!
    the stickier.... the better....

Nice one Andy. The Runfurther website is the bee's knees. Good work!

I'm looking forward to trying some new races next year.

will be turning out on some of these as well fantastic list looking forward to some excellent racing in 2015 ( hav,nt raced since 2012) picking up mileage quite well at moment with speed picking up