Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Runfurther Series 2015

First time I heard anything about Run Further was at the Haworth Hobble this year. I don't understand the leader board . How do you join it and how the point system works. Just looked at the list and I think I am doing few of them already, don't think I can do all 12 though.

_|_
    ./\.

Quote Originally Posted by Adnan Khan View Post
    First time I heard anything about Run Further was at the Haworth Hobble this year. I don't understand the leader board . How do you join it and how the point system works. Just looked at the list and I think I am doing few of them already, don't think I can do all 12 though.
    Hi Adnan. Everything's explained on the Runfurther.com website. The 12 races are divided up into 3 groups: 4 Short, 4 Medium & 4 Long. To get maximum points you need to run at least 4 races as fast as you can, including at least 1 in each group. The first man & first woman in a race get 1000 points each, & the rest of us get points based on that, eg if you take twice as long as the winner, you get 500 points for that race. Membership's free, but we need everyone to register as members, so you get a vote at AGMs - the runners own the company. Check it out & ask us if there's anything else you need to know.
    Andy Robinson
    Runfurther committee member
    Helsby Running Club

Quote Originally Posted by Splatcher View Post
    Hi Adnan. Everything's explained on the Runfurther.com website. The 12 races are divided up into 3 groups: 4 Short, 4 Medium & 4 Long. To get maximum points you need to run at least 4 races as fast as you can, including at least 1 in each group. The first man & first woman in a race get 1000 points each, & the rest of us get points based on that, eg if you take twice as long as the winner, you get 500 points for that race. Membership's free, but we need everyone to register as members, so you get a vote at AGMs - the runners own the company. Check it out & ask us if there's anything else you need to know.
    Thanks Andy. I am in. I'll email across my membership form soon. Think I am doing one in each category already. Sorry just realised there's a list of options right at the top while looking for membership form

_|_
    ./\.

Adnan , chat with me at Joe's nutrition weekend and I will explain all. it would be good to have some new members.

Quote Originally Posted by karen nash View Post
    Adnan , chat with me at Joe's nutrition weekend and I will explain all. it would be good to have some new members.
    Yes see you there.

_|_
    ./\.

Exciting to see next year's races, and a good selection, with four of my favourites, the Haworth Hobble, Hardmoors 60, Long Tour of Bradwell and the Fellsman. Some I have meant to enter but failed to so maybe next year I will manage Bullock Smithy and the Jedburgh Three Peaks.
    a rush and a push and the land is ours

Lakes 10 Peaks at 45 miles is a medium....that's a harsh one.
    It took me longer than the HM60 which shows the ascent and terrain covered and the general difficulty of the race.....awesome

Be good to see you at some of the races next year Richard, have missed you

Why thank you Karen - I've been playing in the Lakes most the year - Lakes 10 peaks Xtreme, L110, Cumbria Way Ultra, Lakes in a Day.
    Moving up there next year so may have to try some of that proper fell running stuff - my downhills can only improve
    The list looks inviting but also hoping to fit in a BGR next year - perhaps on my 50th birthday (end of May) - good birthday treat eh?

Just discovered that the Three Rings of Shpa goes straight by our new house, with one of the checkpoints right outside - it would be rude not to do that one