Page 39 of 40 FirstFirst ... 2937383940 LastLast

Thread: "It's OK, He won't bite"

Master
    Within sight of Leicestershire's Beacon Hill
    Quote Originally Posted by Llani Boy View Post
    Have you spotted Matlock AC's Billy Cartwright flying around the Outwoods yet AK. If you do say hello to him, he's a very nice young man.

And, he won't bite!
    There was a young, bearded chap coming down the path from the Outwoods rather fast yesterday, just as I was starting up the path (rather less fast). Would that be Billy? He was gone before I could say "Hello"!
    In his lifetime he suffered from unreality, as do so many Englishmen.
    Jorge Luis Borges

It might of been. There is a photo of him on page 190 of the latest Fellrunner magazine!
    Visibility good except in Hill Fog

Master
    Within sight of Leicestershire's Beacon Hill
    Quote Originally Posted by Llani Boy View Post
    It might of been. There is a photo of him on page 190 of the latest Fellrunner magazine!
    Quite possible, although it's difficult to compare my memory of a face that flashed past so quickly with a picture that doesn't show the face very clearly!
    In his lifetime he suffered from unreality, as do so many Englishmen.
    Jorge Luis Borges

First time out in tights this autumn and a good job as a dog bit straight through em and through my undies lucky just glanced the skin, the owner got all edgy when I said he should have it on a lead until he realised I was checking the hole in my pants to see if I was bleeding, being a dog owner myself I know dogs can be a pain in the ass but I would imagine that I’m not the first runner that this particular mutt has reared up at, on the plus side, a lovely evening for a run, 4 miles with Mrs DTR who’s just finishing off a cold then another 8 myself joining a load of fields and footpaths with as little road as possible. I love the Autumn

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Daletownrunner View Post
    First time out in tights this autumn and a good job as a dog bit straight through em and through my undies lucky just glanced the skin, the owner got all edgy when I said he should have it on a lead until he realised I was checking the hole in my pants to see if I was bleeding, being a dog owner myself I know dogs can be a pain in the ass but I would imagine that I’m not the first runner that this particular mutt has reared up at, on the plus side, a lovely evening for a run, 4 miles with Mrs DTR who’s just finishing off a cold then another 8 myself joining a load of fields and footpaths with as little road as possible. I love the Autumn
    Edgy, after it had bitten you? What does he feel justifies needing a lead?

Quote Originally Posted by Mike T View Post
    Edgy, after it had bitten you? What does he feel justifies needing a lead?
    I think he thought it had just tripped me until he saw the hole in my pants, it was on a footpath but it was clear that I as ran past it was shouted back to them as it maybe has previous form, I didn’t have time to slow and stop before it tried a chomp, Mrs DTR reckoned I should have asked him for the cash for the tights just glad I wasn’t in shorts.

This thread started life as a light-hearted commentary about things some dog owners say. It lost its way a bit but good old President Biden has now weighed in (after his dog, unfortunately, has taken to biting people at the White House)....

“He's a sweet dog," Mr Biden has said.

“All he does is lick them and wag his tail”

etc etc.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-56585168

I'm amused by the term "nip" (read "bite" - he wasn't using fingers and thumbs!) As the White House is a place of work, you can't really screen the entire staff for being dog friendly.

CNN reported that a National Park Service employee was bitten on the South Lawn and had to stop work to receive treatment
    I've never heard it called that before. No wonder he needed treatment.

Presumably female??
    Simon Blease
    Monmouth

Only ever had two incidents of note.

First one was a Mallinois who lunged at me. Owner stopped him luckily and then said he'd been spooked so could I stroke him as it would help. The dog became good as gold when I did, though rather disconcertingly decided to bury its head in my crotch. Safe to say I remained very still.

The other time I got bitten by a pug. A true low point...