Page 11 of 40 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: "It's OK, He won't bite"

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by DrPatrickBarry View Post
    Generally I would be on the side of "having a rant about dogs" but I have to say it was great on the PFR run tonight with GlossopDale's Tom Skelton's collie tonight - lovely dog.
    Yes Skelton, we know you are playing away with Pennine and Belle Vue, but dragging poor Bessie into disloyalty too, now that takes the biscuit.
    Powered by Ugali.

Quote Originally Posted by Stolly View Post
    Okay on the back of that 'rabid' posting I thinki I'll leave all you dog haters/dislikers to stew in The Heathens juices as far as this thread is concerned. Or maybe I should post a picture of a maltreated dog or something.

Anyway f*ck this
    It's not about hating/disliking dogs for heaven's sake - it's about irresponsible owners! Well behaved and controlled dogs have as you suggest in one of your posts, a place in society. There is no place for aggressive, out of control dogs. And I fail to see what ending your post with an ill disguised expletive is supposed to achieve.

Live in Brum, run in Worcestershire and Shropshire
    Dogs are more likely to attack children largely because children are more likely to hurt or frighten dogs, whether wittingly or unwittingly.

I blame the Daily Mail
    Interestingly some research shows that small children especially are unable to identify aggressive behaviour in dogs. They equate the baring of teeth to the nearest human equivalent which is of course smiling.
    Toothy dog = happy dog = let's play!

I blame the parents and the dog owners and especially any that read the Daily Mail.
    Pete Shakespeare - U/A

Going downhill fast

It's emotive, isn't it?
    I'm a dog lover and I see the benefits, which are huge.
    Nevertheless, there are significant downsides. Nearly always down to ignorant, arrogant, malignant, plain stupid or thoughtless humans. And even the best of us can be pushed into a state of denial when faced with a challenge to something we love - ain't that right Stolly?.

20 years ago, it was commonplace for owners to let their dogs sh*t in the street without a thought. That has now changed, even if it has not been eradicated (or even replaced by other repugnant behaviour such as hanging sh*t-bags on trees!!).

I think dog lovers need to prepare themselves for compulsory muzzling in public places...the act of a few will hit us all I'm afraid.
    Simon Blease
    Monmouth

Okay on the back of that 'rabid' posting I thinki I'll leave all you dog haters/dislikers to stew in The Heathens juices as far as this thread is concerned. Or maybe I should post a picture of a maltreated dog or something.

Anyway f*ck this
    Maltreated dogs? Maltreated by who exactly - ah yes dog owners??? Maybe ownership of dogs should just be banned? Solves all problems in one hit. Or better still, tax pet food above and beyond VAT and give the proceeds to everyone else that doesn't want to play with your ******* dog whilst we're out for a run.

Blimey I seem to have entered a private club meeting of Fell Running Association Anti-Canine League, all queuing up to have a go at little ol' me and and spout their anti-dog vitreol at the same time. Well don't worry I'm slowly backing out of the room and don't expect to be back.... and the sooner I'm hitting the hills for a run with Harry this evening the better.

Oh dear. I'm sorry for all this....
    For my part this thread has been very helpful. It seems that some of us just don't understand dogs. I confess I've no idea what goes on in their heads. But that wasn't what this thread was about. It was about the psychology of SOME dog owners. And, on that topic, we have been provided with a wealth of material. Here is the top 20 so far:-

1. He's a big softy. DOWN TYSON!

2. Dogs are more likely to attack children largely because children are more likely to hurt or frighten dogs.

3. Don't worry. He's friendly.

4. He's harmless.

5. Leave!

6. Dogs are a misunderstood minority.

7. He just wants to say hello.

8. Mr Potts' dogs are lovely and good natured.

9. Mr Potts' dogs are not a dangerous breed.

10. It's Ok. He won't bite.

11. Stop running!

12. He's only playing.

13. Is the problem dogs or humans?

14. Perhaps humans should be better controlled?

15. He's really gentle with kids.

16. Go and run somewhere else if you don't like dogs.

17. He's just a puppy.

18. He's never done that before.

19. It's because you're running.

20. Don't be scared.
    Last edited by Ilkley Swimmer; 24-10-2014 at 04:40 PM.

RUNNER ATTACKED BY TWO TERRIERS
    a runner needed hospital treatment after he was attacked by dogs the personwas out at 2.30 in the afternoon of 11 oct when he was attacked by 2 staffordshire bull terriers (not in the dark) he suffered bites to calf ,thigh ,lower back,bottom the dogs were of the lead at time they were being walked by a woman
    police are searching for the woman described as 45/50 5ft 4in of large buildand was tanneddark hair tied backbad teethand tattoos across her chest cream and white hoody and black trackies anyone with information should phone crime stoppers
    this happened fatfield a very popular place for runners no description of dogs
    could this potts as well
    Last edited by vespa; 24-10-2014 at 05:31 PM.

Advice from Clouseau