Page 36 of 40 FirstFirst ... 263435363738 ... LastLast

Thread: "It's OK, He won't bite"

Quote Originally Posted by RaceTheSweeper View Post
    This thread is generally going into from "It's ok he doesn't bite" to "I hate all dogs regardless and want them all on leads when out of their own garden. Regardless of how well controlled they are".
    Inside sources tell me you may not be 100% on the mark
    IMG-20160606-WA0011.jpg
    pies

we have a jack russell and his main fault in life is doing inappropriate things with the kids teddy bears!!!!

Pictures or it didn't happen

I got my armpits licked by a dog after the austwick amble the other week. I was crashed out on a bench and the dog was lurking under the bench waiting to strike, i tried to offer it some water for the aftertaste but it refused and wanted more sweat. I was lucky not to have been in shorts really or it could have been John Wayne's hairy saddlebags that took one for the team.
    Luke Appleyard (Wharfedale)- quick on the dissent

Folk pay good money for that...

So I've heard anyway
    pies

Quote Originally Posted by luxinterior View Post
    we have a jack russell and his main fault in life is doing inappropriate things with the kids teddy bears!!!!
    We've had the same issue with our Jack Russell.

"Daddy, what's Dougal doing with Peppa pig's bottom?"

Oh bloody hell....

Quote Originally Posted by mr brightside View Post
    I got my armpits licked by a dog after the austwick amble the other week. I was crashed out on a bench and the dog was lurking under the bench waiting to strike, i tried to offer it some water for the aftertaste but it refused and wanted more sweat. I was lucky not to have been in shorts really or it could have been John Wayne's hairy saddlebags that took one for the team.
    hahahahahahahaha they do love a bit of sweat :-)

Quote Originally Posted by RaceTheSweeper View Post
    This thread is generally going into from "It's ok he doesn't bite" to "I hate all dogs regardless and want them all on leads when out of their own garden. Regardless of how well controlled they are".
    We have 3 dogs - I work from home so they are not left alone.
    1 is a chocolate lab, Tia that we have had for 13yrs. She has never bitten anyone or anything.
    2 is our rescue dog Winnie, she a border collie who we have had for 5 years. She was in a very sorry state when we got her and had been dreadfully treated. She has no interest in chasing anything living but it took us a few months to get her to realise that she will get dinner and didn't have to run off into the undergrowth to devour mouldy rabbits. She also has never bitten anyone.
    3 our latest rescue is Beau a border collie. We have had him for 6mths. He just wants love and cuddles. He has no interest in chasing anything living or dead. When coming into our home he will want to sit on your lap whoever you are (it is something we are working on stopping). When out running he will not even register anyone or anything is there he just wants to run with either myself or MrRTS. If you met him you would realise the thought of him biting anyone is totally unthinkable.
    It's ok saying dogs are unpredictable so you never know. I believe our dogs are probably more predictable than most people and I would trust them more. Our dogs are part of our family and we love them, we treat them well & they repay us with so much more. Not a day goes by that one or the other (usually the choc lab) does not do something that makes us laugh. So let's remember that most dog owners are responsible and most dogs are wonderful. The difference is we and they do not get on the news. Look how sweet and proud they are with the birthday present they bought me :-)
    Attachment 8473
    Well said RTS

Fell running is a slightly crazy outdoor pursuit that I love and, over the years, the forum has been for me a great meeting place for like minded individuals.

Nowadays though I'm not seeing much like mindedness. You lot carry on though
    Last edited by Stolly; 09-06-2016 at 04:29 PM.

That reminds me, Teasel is overdue a Photoshop

This is one of my favourite dogs...

Luke Appleyard (Wharfedale)- quick on the dissent