Page 38 of 40 FirstFirst ... 283637383940 LastLast

Thread: "It's OK, He won't bite"

IMG-20170619-WA0001.jpg

Herbie meet forum, Herbie is a biter, he will bite your ankles, hands, trousers, chairs, faces, toes, slippers, well just about anything if I'm honest, even seems to enjoy a nibble of his metal crate. The only thing Herbie dissaproves of is my poo bag flinging into tree skill, which need much improvement.

Herbie is 8 weeks old but has already covered the passenger seats and door of our van in vomit which he achieved with the first day. He promises much!
    pies

Quote Originally Posted by shaunaneto View Post
    IMG-20170619-WA0001.jpg

Herbie meet forum, Herbie is a biter, he will bite your ankles, hands, trousers, chairs, faces, toes, slippers, well just about anything if I'm honest, even seems to enjoy a nibble of his metal crate. The only thing Herbie dissaproves of is my poo bag flinging into tree skill, which need much improvement.

Herbie is 8 weeks old but has already covered the passenger seats and door of our van in vomit which he achieved with the first day. He promises much!
    awwwww!! How cute! Welcome to the forum Herbie.

Quote Originally Posted by shaunaneto View Post
    IMG-20170619-WA0001.jpg

Welcome to the 'dug' club.
    Are you training him up to chase fell runners?

Super Moderator
    Lovely pup pic. What is he? Fox red?
    Poacher turned game-keeper

Lovely pup.

Make sure seeing shorts is his trigger for attack mode.

Master
    Within sight of Leicestershire's Beacon Hill
    No, he won't bite. He just finds running much more fun than walking.

I was just starting up the bridleway to the Outwoods when I passed a lady with a dog, and the dog started running around my feet, as so many dogs do, not quite tripping me up. The lady called the dog back, which is usually the end of the encounter. Indeed, I thought it was the end of the encounter this time, but a little further up the path I became aware of panting behind me. It stayed just behind me, not threatening to trip me up. This continued for maybe a quarter of a mile, until I stopped, turned round and shouted "Back", pointing back down the path. I had to do this twice before the dog got the message.

The only similar incident I have had was when I was living in Bracknell, and running in Crowthorne Woods. A Great Dane detached from its owners and came bounding along beside me. After maybe 200 metres I altered course to make a loop back to where the owners were. They apologised and told me that he was only a puppy.

The dogs in both incidents were lovely animals. So the question is: if a dog follows me all the way home, is it mine to keep?
    In his lifetime he suffered from unreality, as do so many Englishmen.
    Jorge Luis Borges

Live in Brum, run in Worcestershire and Shropshire
    I quite often run with my dog which seems to deter other dogs but have had similar experiences in the past. There comes a point where the owner is out of sight and the dog is undeterred and you have to make a decision on how to deal with it. Usually stopping will do the trick but otherwise you have no option but to reverse your route.
    I had one occasion, actually when I had my dog with me , where a very bouncy young labradoodle type thing took umbridge with some rather boring obedience training, liked the look of the run and came with us. Not only that but he decided to take the lead and there was some doubt if I could keep up with him, let alone his owners. I managed to collar him a while later and attached my dog's lead to him. Unfortunately it then took a while to locate his rather distraught owners who by now had wandered off down a different path. No harm done in the end and lessen learnt for the owners.

Quote Originally Posted by anthonykay View Post
    No, he won't bite. He just finds running much more fun than walking.

I was just starting up the bridleway to the Outwoods when I passed a lady with a dog, and the dog started running around my feet, as so many dogs do, not quite tripping me up. The lady called the dog back, which is usually the end of the encounter. Indeed, I thought it was the end of the encounter this time, but a little further up the path I became aware of panting behind me. It stayed just behind me, not threatening to trip me up. This continued for maybe a quarter of a mile, until I stopped, turned round and shouted "Back", pointing back down the path. I had to do this twice before the dog got the message.

The only similar incident I have had was when I was living in Bracknell, and running in Crowthorne Woods. A Great Dane detached from its owners and came bounding along beside me. After maybe 200 metres I altered course to make a loop back to where the owners were. They apologised and told me that he was only a puppy.

The dogs in both incidents were lovely animals. So the question is: if a dog follows me all the way home, is it mine to keep?
    Have you spotted Matlock AC's Billy Cartwright flying around the Outwoods yet AK. If you do say hello to him, he's a very nice young man.

And, he won't bite!
    Visibility good except in Hill Fog

Quote Originally Posted by Wheeze View Post
    I don't know RTS.
    The owner turned himself in when he knew I was reporting the incident and the dog was put down same day. No need for prosecution because that would only have resulted in a destruction order which has already happened. As for whether I want to pursue a private prosecution, the answer is no. I just want to move on.
    Funny how things turn out. I've been trying to put my 2016 brush with death behind me and I've avoided going anywhere near the place where it happened. But I had a phone call the other day from a mate who said someone had been attacked at the same spot and spent 3 days in hospital with serious arm injuries. Turns out the c*nt who owns the dog lied to the police about it being put down and has since added a second beast to the stable. This poor guy was attacked by two of them. Needless to say, he is pursuing prosecution. At least he now has my crime number to prove the owner has previous form. I hope they throw him into a dark place and throw away the key!....but of course they won't. These twats always seem to get away with it!
    Simon Blease
    Monmouth

Good grief Wheeze, I've just gone back and read of your experience. Terrifying. Here's hoping the authorities put a stop to it this time.