Thread: Lenser H7 Vs. H7.2?

Lenser H7 Vs. H7.2?

Anyone used H7 and H7.2?

I've had two H7s and the dog has eaten both. The H7.2 boasts higher and longer output but I'm sceptical of a couple of the updates this head torch has received. I happened to like the brightness and focus control on the H7 as they were easy to use in gloves and the brightness level was really intuitive - you could tell by feel you were at half brightness because the lever was at the half way point. Not too sure how easy this would be now that this is controlled by a wheel.

Anyone had any experience they can share?

I still use my H7 as it feels less bulky (I am saving the 7.2 for special occasions - TdeH was the reason for purchase). I think the clarity of the light beam on the 7.2 is better, i don't wear glasses when i run so I need all the help I can get. The focus control works really well and compares, but the brightness control can take a few more turns (of the housing I think) which can be a bit of a pain when first turning it on to get to the favoured setting (it is on full power when first switched on I think). I need to spend some time reading the manual as I'm not sure of all the settings. If it gets some more use over the next few weeks I'll update.

I've used the H7 for the past couple of years and it's the best head torch I've had. Easy to control when running and the brightness is more than enough. Good on batteries I find too.

Quote Originally Posted by Jezzlar View Post
    the brightness control can take a few more turns (of the housing I think).
    just checked it is of course the wheel on the back not the housing, and it does come on full power then you have to wind wheel a couple of times for half power.

Quote Originally Posted by Jezzlar View Post
    just checked it is of course the wheel on the back not the housing, and it does come on full power then you have to wind wheel a couple of times for half power.
    Is the wheel a bit annoying compared to the lever on the H7? I really like the lever. I like that it's easy to go from 30% power to full power and back again based on the relative position of the switch and not how bright it is. I find this helps when batteries start to fade as you know for sure that it's not as bright relative to the switch position. I regularly turn the brightness up and down as I pass through better and less well known terrain and think I may find that I unintentionally progressively increase the average brightness over time especially as the batteries fade. Am I being overly worried? Do the other improvements far outweigh this "feature"?

I'll use it a bit more and report back next week. I always make sure it's got a good charge but will run it for a week without recharge and see how it goes. I would say that the extra beam width and brightness are a big positive though.

Love my Lenser H7R. Miles better that 2 previous Petzl models I've had. Currently £33 on Amazon too. Bargain. I can't honestly find fault with it.

Used it for a little over 3 hours yesterday, it has a traffic light system when charging so after this time it went back to red from full recharge, not sure how much of an indicator this is (mostly on full power, without rear LED on). A few of advantages are
    1. battery pack sits nicely on the back of the noggin. The 4 point attachment does make it a bit bulkier but it didn't move at all
    2. As mentioned before beam width and brightness a big plus
    3. being able to lock the power button so it doesn't switch on when in the bum bag.

Negatives however are
    1. as you say the brightness level however the link below shows how this can be selected using one of the three settings. It takes about one and a half turns to get from full power to what appears to be low.

that's all that comes to mind.

http://www.ledlenser.com/fileadmin/d..._LR_140114.PDF

Sorry to the OP if this is going a little off topic but has anyone got any experience of running with a Lenser H14?