Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: New Ultra Calendar

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Smith View Post
    I make it 79 to you and 84 to me
    I haven't actually counted them to be honest, but a few of yours don't qualify for the Runfurther list. It's not a competition though: I think your list's great.
    Andy Robinson
    Runfurther committee member
    Helsby Running Club

Thanks for putting this ultra calendar together on the runfurther site, it's great to have this all listed in one place!

I love the world of ultra running. Where else would you find a 33 mile race classed as short
    No country for old men.

There a new 64km "Marathon de Ben Nevis" in 2015 http://www.nofussevents.co.uk/event/...en-Nevis/2988/

Quote Originally Posted by Yaks View Post
    There a new 64km "Marathon de Ben Nevis" in 2015 http://www.nofussevents.co.uk/event/...en-Nevis/2988/
    Cheers Yaks - I'll add it in when I get the chance. Keep them coming in!
    Andy Robinson
    Helsby Running Club

Just posted an updated ultra calendar list to runfurther.com. Let me know if you spot anything missing or wrong.
    Andy Robinson
    Helsby Running Club

Just done my February update to the calendar (www.runfurther.com). September 19/20 looks like the busiest Ultra weekend of the year, with 13 separate events going on. I'll be running the Hardmoors 60 that weekend of course! As always, let me know if any are missing/incorrect.
    Andy Robinson
    Helsby Running Club

Quote Originally Posted by Splatcher View Post
    Just done my February update to the calendar (www.runfurther.com). September 19/20 looks like the busiest Ultra weekend of the year, with 13 separate events going on. I'll be running the Hardmoors 60 that weekend of course! As always, let me know if any are missing/incorrect.
    I think you may have got the ascent wrong in the Pembrokeshire CTS race on 2nd May, Andy (maybe swapped metres and feet?). It comes out above the Dragon's Back, Old Counties Tops and 3X3000 80K on the ascent per mile list!

Great listing by the way.
    The land at the end of our toes goes on and on and on.

Quote Originally Posted by DinoF View Post
    I think you may have got the ascent wrong in the Pembrokeshire CTS race on 2nd May, Andy (maybe swapped metres and feet?). It comes out above the Dragon's Back, Old Counties Tops and 3X3000 80K on the ascent per mile list!

Great listing by the way.
    Well spotted - it's actually the climb on the Exmoor CTS race, and I didn;t change it when I copied the spreadsheet row (as you do). There's no ascent quoted for Pembrokeshire on the event website. Anyway, I've taken it off now. The heights are generally from the race website, but occasionally from my own measurement or a blog entry I found somewhere. Thanks Dino!
    Andy Robinson
    Helsby Running Club

Thanks for pulling this together, useful resource. and I've just entered the Gritstone Grind as a result :-)