Thread: Brain Haemorrhage

Brain Haemorrhage

Year later

Just in case anyone is searching on this topic. I had a Brain Haemorrhage just over a year ago. After three angiograms, no aneurysm was found. It simply healed itself with some rest. Today I saw my consultant who told me that I had suffered a significant bleed and was lucky to be one of the 10% of cases that need no further treatment. After a break of about 3 months I started running gently again and am now back competing at the same level as pre-incident. RAB MM a few weeks ago and OMM next weekend. Bring it on!

Banned
    Congratulations on beating it Phi��

Well done Phil,

I have sent you a PM.

ATB

Kev
    Annan and District Athletic Club. http://www.adac.org.uk/

Thats great news to hear Phil, really chuffed for you.

Since replying to the original thread and commenting on my brothers tumour and subsequent recovery, my mum suffed a bleed on the brain earlier this year. Two things I would like to comment are is that most people seem to suffer bouts tiredness for a long time after ocurrence. Sounds like you have recovered well. The second, reading the orignal thread, is the cause. I think everyone tries to reason as to why, but I very much doubt that there is. My brother, having survived the tumour is now riddled with cancer (it returned!!) in most organs. I rationalised that the stress in some way caused my mother bleed, but in reality I doubt it. Incidentally, she was stood talking to a neighbour over the garden wall when it happened - you could probably stack up the odds that most haemorrhages happen when you are doing next to nothing!

Keep trotting I say!

Mart.