Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Utmb 2015

Utmb 2015

Who's chucked their name in the hat? This is my second attempt at getting into the CCC. Good luck all!

Yep. Both mine and 't missus fancy a go at the CCC. Chances are better all round than last year (due to the points increase perhaps?), as I understand it the odds are 1 in 2 for the UTMB, 7 in 10 (or 142%) for the CCC and no ballot for the TDS.

I did some calculations based on entry allocation and I think the UK gets about 150 places in the CCC, there were 212 GB entrants when the ballot closed.
    Martyn Price
    North Leeds Fell Runners

I'm liking those odds compared to last year. Good luck Martyn!

Quote Originally Posted by Fellrunner1975 View Post
    Who's chucked their name in the hat? This is my second attempt at getting into the CCC. Good luck all!

I'm in the ballot for UTMB again, it'll be my 3rd trot out at this one if i get the nod (had a great time on 2011/2013).

i was surprised when looking at UTMB website that it seems the chance of getting a place is so high as i'm sure (though can't remember where i saw it) that the chance of getting in 2015 event was only a 1 in 7.

Here's the latest word from UTMB website.

Greetings to you all,

Registrations are now closed!

Here is an update concerning registration for the 2015 Ultra-Trail du Mont-Blanc®.

January 6th at midnight, 15 785 runners, representing 84 different countries are candidates.

The UTMB®, is today, standing at 218% full, there will be a 1 in 2 chance of being successful in the draw.
    The CCC®, is today, standing at 142%, there will be a 7 in 10 chance of being successful in the draw.
    The PTL® is full, registration has closed.
    The TDS®, is today, 84% full. It is therefore the only event which offers an almost certain chance of participating in 2015. It will not, however, have the capacity to accept those unlucky in the other draws (*).
    The OCC, is today, 255% full ; there will be a 2 in 5 chance of being successful in the draw.

My planB if no UTMB is a trip at same time as UTMB to Andorra for a few days trekking around the peaks....

Mark...

I did the UTMB last year and loved it. off to do the GRP this year , assuming I get in and husband gets into the shorter version

Here's another option (and better race for fellrunners) if you don't get in
    http://www.lechappeebelledonne.com/

Entry accepted for the CCC! Can't wait. Anyone else successful?

Quote Originally Posted by Fellrunner1975 View Post
    Entry accepted for the CCC! Can't wait. Anyone else successful?
    No such luck for me re: utmb - will have another chance next yr with better chance in the ballot.

well done to the people who got thru.

PlanB for me with a trip to Andorra to bag some peaks at same time as UTMB.

Cheers - mark...

Talking

Both wife and I accepted in the CCC, very happy. I was lucky enough to get a UTMB place last year, I think the Gods are smiling down at me right now.
    Martyn Price
    North Leeds Fell Runners

Anyone on here doing the TDS? I'm in for this for 2nd time (first go in 2012). Different route earlier on as I think the 2012 TDS probably destroyed the path through scree up to Col de la Youlaz (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zkjJjPjHrp0). Hopefully the new route will be less of a bottleneck than that one was with the growing numbers in event - interested to know if anybody has done a 2012 or earlier TDS and one since. Barring that it was a great course, but would be nice to have a less claggy day this time to appreciate more of the view.