Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Utmb 2015

So how was it for everyone? It was bloody hot, I know that! The CCC didn't go too badly for me, finished in 19.37 and 14th V2H so despite getting severely dehydrated I suppose I shouldn't complain. Mrs P did appreciably better, 17:58 and in the top 20 ladies.

Quite sobering watching the UTMB finishers on the Sunday, the attrition rates weren't any worse than in previous years but by God it looked like hard work in that heat!
    Martyn Price
    North Leeds Fell Runners

Loved it. The heat madeit more difficult but the whole experience was fantastic. 153rd, 36th V1 in 17:39. Well done to all!

Was cracking out there. I'm not sure just how hot it got for UTMB, but felt pretty sizzling when I was slowly hobbling around Cham in the heat as CCC'ers out there. Was the TDS for me. Really didn't know how it would go as my longest runs have only been 30'odd miles (but hilly). Started near back so a bit crowded early doors which was probably no bad thing to control exuberance. Got going well over first three climbs and fast down to Bourg St Maurice. Ok at first on the big steep climb to the forts in full afternoon heat, but then started suffering with stomach issues and energy loss in the sun and ground to a halt (too much water, too much sugar, or a bad reaction to trying that overstim drink, jury still out on cause or combo of causes). Thought that was that as could barely go yards up the hill without having to stop. But gradually got up to the higher fort and had a full bottle of coke from opportunist unofficial support table in fort la platte - 5e well spent as eveythibng else in bag was making me wretch - and got moving again. Original target of under 24hrs blown out the water and could no longer take much sweet stuff down. But gradually got going better and better as I could refuel. And then after the long stints between CP up to Col Joly got going again nicely down to Les Contamines and over the last two tough climbs (Col de Tricot is nails so late in the event). Managed a run pretty much all way from les Houches to Cham, finishing in 27hrs02mins. Could have probably ran it better, but glad to have completed and got through the bad patches without giving in to the demons. barely had jacket on at all barring after cooling at CP for awhile in overnight bits.

Great route, stunning surrounds and great variety of surfaces covered from easy runnable trail to pretty technical even with some easyish scree and small up and down full-climbs. Recommended.