Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7151617

Thread: Russell Brand

He reminds me of those Uni students who combine a little knowledge with a lot of earnestness and a love for Che Guevara, and never know just how annoying they are.

Quote Originally Posted by Wheeze View Post
    Yeah, its only fair if you are genuinely prevented from earning more. The really determined will generally find a way.
    Would be interested to know how I can have a £250k share of the £8 billion bonus pot at Goldman Sachs I am very determined and willing to travel !

Quote Originally Posted by Conor74 View Post
    He reminds me of those Uni students who combine a little knowledge with a lot of earnestness and a love for Che Guevara, and never know just how annoying they are.
    who? Russell, Sam or the Pope
    Richard Taylor
    "William Tell could take an apple off your head. Taylor could take out a processed pea."
    Sid Waddell

With the Metro reporting yesterday that 70% of students graduate from university with a 2:1, I would say the HE policy in this country is almost irrelevant.
    Encouraging those who are not academically talented enough to go to university is a waste of time and resources,all it is doing is shunting the young unemployment figures around, for some professions university is entirely necessary, but I would say for an awful lot more getting the skills you need from doing a job, such as science and engineering, possibly even accountancy is much more important. At least if you put someone in a job for twelve months, you'd find out if they'd stick with it.

Oh Russell!

And I used to find him a bit entertaining about 10 years back. Before the narcissism became all consuming.

Quote Originally Posted by Heaning Hobbler View Post
    Would be interested to know how I can have a £250k share of the £8 billion bonus pot at Goldman Sachs I am very determined and willing to travel !
    I hereby withdraw the above post just enjoyed a snowy muddy run over to Kentmere PRICELESS

Perfectly put!
    Simon Blease
    Monmouth

In these days of sound bites and four word slogans, people would be better off spending a few hours turning off their tellys and facebook and reading something like The Ragged Trousered Philanthropists by Robert Tressell (the full version).
    It will be worth the effort. Swop Rushton and co for Goldman Sachs and Owen and co for those on zero hour contracts.

'I hereby withdraw the above post just enjoyed a snowy muddy run over to Kentmere PRICELESS'

Well said Heaning Hobbler

Some of us value things differently

V true William Clough.
    I must admit to whiling an hour away watching Terry's Scafell Pike film http://terrybnd.blogspot.co.uk/