Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Dragon's Back 2015

Quote Originally Posted by GeeeM View Post

Any advice, past or future competitors comments etc. welcome. I'm based in Cardiff and will be doing lots of recces over the next few months. Definitely a Welsh 3000's day and also some of the mid-Wales sections.
    Hey, how's the training going. I'm based in Cardiff and need to get a few long runs in as well so if you fancy partner let me know.

Chris

My mate Paul called here today and we are really looking forward to the week, along with Caz and my Missus we constitute the Welsh contingent of marshals. Should be a fun week, it was last time, so see you all there.
    Don't roll with a pig in poo. You get covered in poo and the pig likes it.

Hi Meanderthal - I think the training is going well :-) Starting to ramp-up the hill/nav work now - got MCN1, Fellsman and Transylvania 100km booked-in which constitute the bulk of my big training runs. Thinking of doing The Beacons Way over Easter, (weather permitting) as a long, long, slow one, (30-ish hours). Doubtful I'll get out to do any reccying now, think that improving map & compass skills is probably better bang for my buck.

Hope your training is going well too, if I manage to squeeze in a normal run around S Wales I'll post up in here, (might give the Epynt Way another bash after an aborted attempt in terrible weather earlier in the year)

molehill - I think we may have some mutual friends, I'm one of the DDMT, (Dirty Daps, Muddy Tracks) gang if you know Caz :-)

Yes, Caz is a long time running mate - though I'm too old and knackered now to go out with him!
    Take it you are in Wales, I do have all the DB maps from the last event (ones issued to competitors) if you want them or have a look at. Course will have some small changes but principal will be much the same.
    Don't roll with a pig in poo. You get covered in poo and the pig likes it.

Looking forward to marshalling this now; glad I'm not running it!