Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: New 2015 Inov8 shoes

Quote Originally Posted by Darwen Dashers Calvin View Post
    I noticed those too, Richard. Up for sale via Northern Runner on eBay...they look brill for Summer running - £108 though on there!
    I bought a pair of RaceUltras last week ... and then saw the Terraclaw 2 days later. Bit disappointed, as they are exactly what I was looking for - slightly bigger drop, more forgiving - for longer summer runs. I'm not that convinced by the Ultras, wish I'd waited tbh. But then I'm not rushing to spend > 100 bats on a pair of boots

They are definitely getting ridiculous with the pricing now.

Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by obrienk View Post
    Also, inov8 have changed their 'arrow system' such that each arrow now equates to a 4mm drop, rather than 3mm
    Reassuring they haven't stood still
    Poacher turned game-keeper

Quote Originally Posted by RichardB View Post
    I bought a pair of RaceUltras last week ... and then saw the Terraclaw 2 days later. Bit disappointed, as they are exactly what I was looking for - slightly bigger drop, more forgiving - for longer summer runs. I'm not that convinced by the Ultras, wish I'd waited tbh. But then I'm not rushing to spend > 100 bats on a pair of boots
    Spot on mate - at the risk of sounding like a bit of a cheapskate, I just wait for last season's colours these days...like you said, over £100 is crazy...I'd begrudge paying over £70/£80 to be honest, depending on what I was using them for etc.
    http://calferguson.blogspot.co.uk/

Calvin Ferguson - Blackburn Harriers & AC

Ha - I'm sub-cheapstake! I hover on eBay buying nearly-news, I begrudge paying much more than 40 quid / pair. Works out quite well so long as you're too sensitive about potential fungal infections :-)

Senior Member No map, no compass's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RichardB View Post
    I've just bought a pair off ebay, nearly new. They are > 1 cm shorter than my other pairs. THere's no size label inside, so I'd assumed they'd been incorrectly listed.

Anyone else had issues over this. Seems a slightly mad thing for inov8 to voluntarily start making their shoes short?
    Same here! Been buying the same size in Inov8s for years and now they are too small. What is that all about? There will be a used one pair of 9.5 standard fit X-Talon 212s (new sizing) on eBay in the near future
    Rigby Jerram

You would expect "precision fit" to be smaller but I bought a pair of size 9 standard fit 212's thinking they would fit fine having had previous models for a number of years. Too small and even bruised the tips of my toes. Tried to return them but no go as they'd been used. Managed to sell them but at a loss of a fiver.