Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: New 2015 Inov8 shoes

Quote Originally Posted by Sasquatch View Post
    Got some of the updated Mudclaw 300s (blue/red).

Sole is flatter and stiffer with seemingly less spiky lugs. Heel is now flat and heel cup feels less secure to me. I've not tried them out on the hill as I'm going to swap them if possible. A shame as the old ones were great.

I wonder if the changes are meant to appeal to a European/USA market.
    How can you say its a shame if you havent even tried them on the hill!
    http://www.mikkmurray.co.uk - My art and running blog! Go on.. Take a look!

Show?? shoe ha ha

Can't swap them if been used outside.

I can tell the changes don't suit me. I'll be interested to hear what other people think...

Personally I liked the old flyrocs :-)

Flyrocs were great - as long as you were happy for the uppers to fall apart after 100 miles!

I love the yellow Mudclaw 300s - great grip, very comfortable and the upper has lasted better than any other Inov-8 I've ever had. Hope the new red and blue is a good but I don't like the idea of less aggressive grip??

Flyrocs were great - as long as you were happy for the uppers to fall apart after 100 miles!

I love the yellow Mudclaw 300s - great grip, very comfortable and the upper has lasted better than any other Inov-8 I've ever had. Hope the new red and blue is a good but I don't like the idea of less aggressive grip??

What happened there then????

Quote Originally Posted by outdoorkinetics View Post
    X-Talon 200 is a great show. Fit is fantastic, a lot like a Salomon Sense but a bit more roomy. Slight concern over durability for fell use as it doesn't have a rand around the entire forefoot area but mine are holding up great so far. Personally, I think they are the shoe to go for out of the x-talon range unless you have narrow feet or need a super-secure fit, in which case the 190 may be preferable.
    Thanks for the mini review. Definitely missed seeing the lack of a full rand on the 200! That will be a huge concern to those buying them for fell running.

To be honest Inov-8 seem pretty poor on their marketing skills, they don't seem to put much effort into social media outlets to help out consumers. They seem to have pigeon holed to 200 as purely an obstacle shoe, which is short sighted from my point of view. If they had used the same rand as the 212, it could have been the perfect shoe to sit between the 190 and 212.

@ukhursty

I've done a full write-up on the 200's now if your interested. Rand issue is a legitimate concern but I'm giving them the benefit of the doubt for the time being. Got on very well with them other than that. http://outdoorkinetics.co.uk/inov-8-...s-perspective/

your = you're FFS! ha

I've just had delivered a couple of pairs of yellow Mudclaw 300's from Pete Blands before they go out of production.
    I wasn't averse to the new red / blue colours but I can't be sure about the new sole. There's nothing wrong with the current Mudlcaw 300 sole. It has bigger lugs than the new sole and from what people are saying here seems to have better grip too ~ so why change?
    Is it because the yellow 300's last too long and INOV-8 are not selling as many replacements as a result?
    See the light in the night