Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Fellrunning Video footage

Super Moderator
    "Never let the truth get in the way of a good story"
    Poacher turned game-keeper

Oh! I was really impressed with the organisation to get the shots as it was on the day of the attempt...seems a shame if its just a re-construction! Still nice to watch it....fooled me!
    I M Povey New Marske Harriers
    http://manwithoutashed.blogspot.com

Quote Originally Posted by that_fjell_guy View Post
    Still nice to watch it....fooled me!
    And me, even so it was great to watch. I wonder if he looked as fresh on the day near the end of the run as he did in this video. I thought it was too good to be true to see him bounding along at great speed for the full duration of the challenge, I doubt it.

What odd comments! I think it's pretty obvious the film wasn't the actual attempt...and don't be surprised if you should ever find out that Colin was working that hard all the way around. The guy was super fit then and that's what people like that can do! But it's missing the point, the beauty of the film is the scenery, the weather, the fantastic long shots, the rocky terrain and speed of travel. It captures my personal feel for the sport. Why do discussions on this forum always end up inferring something is wrong, hidden, underhand...I just don't get it. Just watch, learn and appreciate!

Tim

Quote Originally Posted by Tim K View Post
    Why do discussions on this forum always end up inferring something is wrong, hidden, underhand...I just don't get it. Just watch, learn and appreciate!

Tim
    Apologies if I came across as if I'd been fooled, didnt mean that at all. The first time I watched it I just thought it was the original challenge captured on film, thats all.

No worries. Sorry from my end too - think I'm just hyper-sensitive to all the negative sniping and strange questioning that goes on, much of it pointless and made by self proclaimed 'know it all's' of this sport. Before the advent of the forum we just weren't exposed to such crap. I usually hold off making a comment.

Yeah I know what you mean.
    Getting back to the video, really inspiring to get my arse back over to Wales to have another bash at this challenge, although in reality its a bit out of my league. I've bought a couple of the English Champs DVD's and although I really enjoy watching them this footage from over 25yrs ago is still the best bit of video to capture the true essence of fellrunning, great stuff.

As Fozzy said! No sniping here either. Just a general comment that the film isn't what it says on the tin. Fully appreciate the scenery, running mountains etc. In no way am I in a position to 'dis' Colin Donnelly or his team!! As I said, I enjoyed the film! Cheers!
    I M Povey New Marske Harriers
    http://manwithoutashed.blogspot.com

Back to the OP, the stuff I used in my One Show film came from this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gR62S_tNc-k

Found this but can't get the video to work so the URL is below, really cool old Grasmere stuff this, Reg's celebration is brilliant :-)

http://www.reelintime.com/watch/e43c...4e69abffd6ada6