Page 105 of 109 FirstFirst ... 55595103104105106107 ... LastLast
Results 1,041 to 1,050 of 1081

Thread: Rombalds Stride

It’s cancelled now unfortunately Matt. https://ldwa.org.uk/challenge_events...event_id=23840

Thamks for that Will, I'll pass it on to my club. Shame, another casualty of these grim times.

I'm excited, Training and in! Bring on the bogs and bloody awful weather. Still the start and finish is only a couple of miles from home.

Quote Originally Posted by MattPo View Post
    I'm excited, Training and in! Bring on the bogs and bloody awful weather. Still the start and finish is only a couple of miles from home.
    I was out on part of the route yesterday, it's looking pretty churned up in places - particularly the bit over Bingley Moor. From Whetstone Gate up to West Buck Stones was fecking awful, the worst I've seen it .... and of course, they make you stay on the north side of the wall nowadays.
    Martyn Price
    North Leeds Fell Runners

I've been in deep on that bit on from Keighley Gate before now, and last year slipped and grazed my head on the wall. Might be worth going down and passed the cross. Did that recently and it wasn't too bad. Lets hope for a big freeze.

Quote Originally Posted by MattPo View Post
    I've been in deep on that bit on from Keighley Gate before now, and last year slipped and grazed my head on the wall. Might be worth going down and passed the cross. Did that recently and it wasn't too bad. Lets hope for a big freeze.
    yes Matt, the detour via Cowper's Cross is a tad longer but certainly more runnable. there's not much difference time-wise. What you lose in seconds you'll probably save in energy. If you take the traditional route by the wall, there is in a few places a choice of staying very close to the wall or going slightly wider, and often the latter avoids some of the worst/deepest bogs and puddles. Ben

Quote Originally Posted by benshep View Post
    yes Matt, the detour via Cowper's Cross is a tad longer but certainly more runnable. there's not much difference time-wise. What you lose in seconds you'll probably save in energy. If you take the traditional route by the wall, there is in a few places a choice of staying very close to the wall or going slightly wider, and often the latter avoids some of the worst/deepest bogs and puddles. Ben
    I had to go very wide on Sunday You're right though, there are a couple of places where hugging the wall can avoid some nasty stuff. Another place that looked quite eroded and worn was the descent down to the conduit, but then it's only short I suppose.
    Martyn Price
    North Leeds Fell Runners

Unfortunately can't make Rombalds. I have a number for transfer, email [email protected] if wanted.
    Thanks
    Andy

Quote Originally Posted by Martyn P View Post
    I had to go very wide on Sunday You're right though, there are a couple of places where hugging the wall can avoid some nasty stuff. Another place that looked quite eroded and worn was the descent down to the conduit, but then it's only short I suppose.
    Leading to the leap of faith! I used to always jump it, but not so sure now days. A friend of mine smashed his shin whilst not quite making it!Spoilt his day!