Page 106 of 106 FirstFirst ... 65696104105106
Results 1,051 to 1,055 of 1055

Thread: Rombalds Stride

Quote Originally Posted by MattPo View Post
    Leading to the leap of faith! I used to always jump it, but not so sure now days. A friend of mine smashed his shin whilst not quite making it!Spoilt his day!
    Once upon a time I used to clear that in a standing jump. Not any longer.

Quote Originally Posted by BritNick View Post
    Once upon a time I used to clear that in a standing jump. Not any longer.
    It comes to us all.

Once I passed 75 I thought. Mmmh. Maybe not this year.
    "...as dry as the Atacama desert".

Hope to see you and a few forumites tomorrow in Guiseley. Think I'll take a raincoat with me.

Well that was fun! Never run a race with my hood up for so long. Glad to see Guiseley. 12ish Years ago I did this in 3.30 - today 4.50. is this ageing gracefully.

Surprise! I managed to jump the culvert with a standing jump again. There's still life in the old legs after all. I'd probably teetered and tottered sufficiently slowly down to it that I hadn't exhausted myself too unduly. In the end I dragged home in a near Personal Worst in 21 taking-parts. 5:20 was the best I could muster, which is pretty dire when I was once able to manage sub-4 finishes.

Regarding hoods, I spent most of the time cursing and swearing at my new inov-8 jacket because its hood took up a preferred position halfway down my face, blinding me to anything that was more than a yard away. I'd tightened all available cords, which only seemed to make it worse. It was only after returning home and 5 minutes of intense study that I found a secret, hidden pull-cord around the back that does the job. The cords I had tightened had just pulled the peak further down. I look forward to its next inclement outing to test it out properly. That could be this coming Saturday on Anglezarke Amble.

As I began my drive home I clocked warning signs about a clean air zone that will be imposed this spring. I checked on-line and was relieved to see that it won't apply to private vehicles, otherwise that would have been my last attendance at Rombald's Stride.