Page 2 of 109 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast

Thread: Rombalds Stride

Re: Rombalds Stride

BTW Wouldn't want to start any arguments, but altough the course is down as 25 miles, Id say it's closer to 21 ...ish.

Plenty of parking at Morrisons across the A65 ,two min walk from the school.

" Really love those Tiger Feet"

Great weather for the Rombalds Stride today. If anything, it was probably a bit too hot.

I failed yet again in my attempts to win this, but with Lee Athersmith running, I was never likely to be first back. Lee finished in around 2:35, but would have been quicker if he'd known the route and hadn't had to keep slowing down for Richard Pattinson to show him the way! I was third, thanks to knowing the route better than Graham Pearce, who I think would have beaten me if he hadn't gone off course.

How did everyone else get on?

Well done Rombald. Third sounds fantastic. Looked a brilliant day for it - where did all that sunshine come from? Brill! I was enviously looking out of the window, saving myself for night orienteering later.

Thanks socks. The sunshine surprised me as well - shame it will be dark when you are out! It was also nice and calm, with none of the wind that we seem to have been battling against for the past two or three months.

Weather wise it was nice. The forest was a bit brambly though. (and I went a very long way round to get to one of the controls!)

Bit of a step up for me first run over thirteen miles I've done in months.

Cracking day though and cracking route, twenty minutes slower than last time I ran it

I'll get fit eventually won't I?

Well done to all forumites who completed the Stride. Superb conditions, although it was still pretty muddy across to Whetstone Gate from the Lanshaw Lad. I managed 84 seconds slower than when I last ran it, two years ago, but it's now slightly longer with the second Baildon Moor checkpoint having been put in to enforce better discipline over the golf course.
    And does ANYONE manage a good line from the Chevin self clip to the quarry?!?
    I always finish up doing a very steep and unnecessary ascent and have to drop down to the path I should have been on. Perhaps I'll be organised one year and do a recce...
    BTW, a Baildon lady who finished with me Gamined the course at 21 miles rather than 25. Not that we care. It still hurts.

Quote Originally Posted by Tussockface View Post
    And does ANYONE manage a good line from the Chevin self clip to the quarry?!?
    I always finish up doing a very steep and unnecessary ascent and have to drop down to the path I should have been on.
    I've done it loads of times, and that sounds like the route I take. A scramble up through the rocks and then later dropping down onto the path that leads to the Quarry checkpoint.

Quote Originally Posted by Tussockface View Post
    BTW, a Baildon lady who finished with me Gamined the course at 21 miles rather than 25. Not that we care. It still hurts.
    Yeah, it's definitely less than 25. I reckon between 21.5 and 22, depending on the lines taken. (Of course, it is possible to make it further!) My legs are a bit sore today as well.

Rombalds Stride

Who is up for this?

Not sure if this is the right section for this post, I know it's only 25 miles, but it's not really a race either.

Certainly will be a long distance challenge for me!