Page 59 of 109 FirstFirst ... 949575859606169 ... LastLast

Thread: Rombalds Stride

Re: Rombalds Stride

Quote Originally Posted by Jez Hellewell View Post
    Yep. 15 mins faster than last year for me in 3.06. Definitely faster, but you had to watch your step. Bet there were a few tweaked ankles. Hope the Ripon Harrier is ok who took a tumble as we were coming down the farm track after the Quarry car park. Big well done to Mr Pearce, amazing time & will take some beating.
    Went in for a cuppa afterwards & came out to plenty of snow. Hope all the remaining runners & walkers get back safely.
    Good run Jez, shame I missed you today but Rob told me he'd tried keeping up with you!! I was content with a steady run around in 3.51 esp after a couple of sections of 'social' running chatting when I know I could have gone faster if necessary. Snow started as I was ascending the Chevin 'Big Hill'.

Good to meet Rob, Fozzy, BritNick and Karen Nash for the first time, and to meet DinoF again - it must've been wearing shorts and needing to warm up that led you to speeding away from me

Quote Originally Posted by Wee Beastie View Post
    Aanyone know who was the first lady back and her time please. Snowing nicely over Halifax way now. Should be good for a walk in the snow and a pint at a local pub tomorrow.
    Jo Waites, Calder Valley 3.02 I think - superb run from her again. Enjoy the snow!

Post Re: Rombalds Stride

Really pleased with my 3.17 this morning (nearly 3.18 though!) - 34mins faster than last year and felt a lot stronger. Cracking conditions - a near perfect temperature for me (maybe just a tad chilly in the breeze) and the frozen ground made for great running. Plus it was a beautiful morning for it! Ended up running a big chunk of it with some of the guys from Horsforth and a clubmate from Abbey, which made it very enjoyable. Did entertain the idea of trying to keep up with Rob and Jez for about 30s on our way up towards Baildon Moor, but saw sense and decided to keep to my own pacing!

Still started feeling ropey again about 19mi/3hr in, and the walk up the Chevin didn't help - it just stopped the rhythm I was in. At least I didn't feel as cr*p as I did last year (started going a funny colour at Burley Woodhead and ended up throwing up when I got back to Guiseley).

Good to see of the some other forumites as well - Multiterrainer, Jez, Donkeyforth, Martyn P (or Northern Exile as I know him better) and Rob F. Apologies if I missed anyone else.

Back on the roads next week for the Liversedge half
    Richard Foster, North Leeds Fell Runners, Airienteers Orienteering Club & Leeds Adel Hockey Club

3:14 for me, had to stop at one point for the call of nature and legs went on the way down to the bottom of the Chevin so I might well have been a bit quicker, still pretty pleased with that considering I haven't been on form the past few weeks. Last year started with a painful Rombalds, and I had a great year. Hopefully it works out the same way this year!
    @Hill_Runner on twitter

Cheers Martin, good run yourself. I was looking out for you, but it was heaving in the hall at the start !
    Good to see so many Forumites out !

cracking day for it. almost perfect conditions (maybe a touch softer underfoot would have been ideal). still had a good run out and lopped a good half hour off last years time. got round in 3.39, had a slight calf niggle which slowed me a bit after Ilkley. nevertheless really enjoyed it. didn't really see any forumites - briefly met Multi, but then I did arrive rather late!
    enjoyed the pie at the end, much needed. and table service tea and coffee. LDWA events rock!

Captain Pearce continues to amaze on this course. 2.27, another course record

well done to everyone, looks like it's PBs all round!
    Last edited by superflyguy; 04-02-2012 at 06:27 PM.
    Adam Speed
    P&B

SNAP 3.39 so we must have seen each other. I stated too fast, loved it all the way to Whitewells and then started to suffer. The cold/ runny nose feared was not te issue but I must sort our my R hip/bum/muscle what ever it is. Cheered up after some food near Burley and that got me going again. Fantastic day and organsisation/ food at end.
    Got home withour the feared snow really causing any problems. Chucking it down with rain here now sadly.
    Nick- sorry.... I was worried about the snow and so just went for it

It was very fast wasn't it, and my knees are now letting me know.

As Multiterrainer says, my shorts helped me knock 20 minutes off my 2010 time and I finished in 3:37. Not as quick as some of the awesome times by other forumites though.

Good to see Multiterrainer and Martyn P (hope you didn't do yourself any damage). Think I may have seen you several times, Karen, if you were in red - spoke to someone holding their right hip between Pancake Stone and Burley Woodhead, and also saw a P&B vest behind me for long stetches which may have been you SuperFlyGuy?
    Last edited by DinoF; 04-02-2012 at 06:05 PM.
    The land at the end of our toes goes on and on and on.

Quote Originally Posted by Jez Hellewell View Post
    Yep. 15 mins faster than last year for me in 3.06. Definitely faster, but you had to watch your step. Bet there were a few tweaked ankles. Hope the Ripon Harrier is ok who took a tumble as we were coming down the farm track after the Quarry car park. Big well done to Mr Pearce, amazing time & will take some beating.
    Went in for a cuppa afterwards & came out to plenty of snow. Hope all the remaining runners & walkers get back safely.
    Thanks for asking about the Ripon runner (Dave Jelley) Jez,just spoke to him on the phone said he sprained his thumb and forefinger other than that ok. Dave did 3.06 good time for v55

I got back over the watershed without any problems. The snow is less bad than I'd feared.

There are some amazing times being mentioned here. Well done all.

If I was ever to get a sub 4 it was going to have to be this year in those perfect conditons, but I'm just not up to that sort of speed. I managed 4:04. It was still a PB though (for the new route, which I think takes longer) and 15 minutes faster than than last year.

My new Fell Pony vest got its first outing. :thumbup: Talking of the Ponies, how did you do tussockface?

Good time Karen. I knew you wouldn't want to bimble around with me. :wink: To tell the truth I lost you upon the ringing of the bell while I got my rucksack back on after shedding a layer. I started 5 seconds late and raced to catch up but you remained out of sight.
    Last edited by BritNick; 04-02-2012 at 11:17 PM.