Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast

Thread: Wot no Fellsman???

We were 17:34 I think, a couple of stragglers arrived into Threshfield as we were peeling off socks, eating baked potatoes and enduring the
    the chafing-meets-shower experience.
    Glad the forumites survived, don't be shy and say hello next time if you see me me, I don't bite :-)

interesting report here:

http://www.grough.co.uk/magazine/201...-womens-record

Including the following quote:

When asked what’s next, the 27-year-old quipped: “The pub.” But then he revealed he has plans to challenge Hartell’s Lakeland 24-hour record of 77 summits in one day, after coming close in 2014.

I really enjoyed that article - thanks :-)

The organisation of this event is just astounding. From the cheerful marshals coated in snow on top of Gt Knoutberry to the young people helping with catering everyone was helpful and dedicated.
    I was looking to improve on last year's 13:57 with an ambition to beat the "grouping". Turning on Whernside just behind Jez Bragg had me wondering whether I'd over cooked the start but I pushed on feeling quite strong. The only blip I had was a poor line to Hell Gate where I dropped a little too early but not as far as the poor guy I could see toiling back up from way below the fell wall.
    The usual "bad patch" never really came and as I ran down into Grassington in the sunset I could hardly believe how well things had gone despite the grim weather.
    I think I've reached the pinnacle of my Fellsman career - 11:59 and 6th overall.
    Mrs S finished her debut in 17hrs and was really happy to complete her first long event.
    Well done to Adam and Jasmin and chapeau to those hardy people finishing in 26hrs as we left.
    Last edited by slats; 28-04-2015 at 09:00 AM.

Super Moderator
    Poacher turned game-keeper

The provisional results have now been incorporated into the Runfurther.com leaderboard, together with links to some Fellsman race reports and sets of photos. After 3 races Stewart Bellamy (Mercia Fell Runners) is currently the leading man in the Runfurther Championship, and Carol Morgan (Nidd Valley Road Runners) the leading woman.

If anyone’s in touch with Stefan Bramwell, Ian France or Rachael Sharples, see if you can get them to send me a Runfurther membership form: they’ve each run all 3 races, but they’re not members yet.
    Andy Robinson
    Runfurther committee member
    Helsby Running Club

Stefan comes on here from time to time, but I'll give him a nudge anyway if you like.

I'll get in touch with Rachael
    Hills and Guinness!

Quote Originally Posted by Splatcher View Post
    The provisional results have now been incorporated into the Runfurther.com leaderboard, together with links to some Fellsman race reports and sets of photos. After 3 races Stewart Bellamy (Mercia Fell Runners) is currently the leading man in the Runfurther Championship, and Carol Morgan (Nidd Valley Road Runners) the leading woman.

If anyone’s in touch with Stefan Bramwell, Ian France or Rachael Sharples, see if you can get them to send me a Runfurther membership form: they’ve each run all 3 races, but they’re not members yet.
    I'm in touch with Stefan Bramwell (well, most of the time!). I'll get my form in.

My first time too, I was glad my good lady decided for me to wear my new hard shell jacket as it was a bit nippy. Had a fantastic time great to be part of such an event, many fond memories to help me through next years training