Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast

Thread: Wot no Fellsman???

What a beast of an event! The organisers enthusiasm at the checkpoints easily made up for the cold rain and endless bogs. Thanks guys, I might even come back next year and have another go.
    It's just a shame someone bumped the rental car I had in the car park and didn't leave a note.

Hey up, thanks again need to go to the Fellsman committee and volunteers. Awesome work on the race. Just a quick thing to say I kit checked with shoes expecting to run with shoes on. The committee had heard that I run barefooted or in sandals and gave me special permission to do so. At fleet miss the checkpoint leader didn't actually know, nearly disqualified me despite being told at the start and at mile 30 by the head safety guy to carry on, then insisted my shoes go on. Shoes went on at that point but the 30 I did without along with the odd 10 where feet got cold in the moisture where a huge privilege for me and great training for my LeJog barefoot run this summer. Maybe next year they'll let me decide when to put the shoes on, but we'll see. Was amazing either way to finish with comfy feet and not be stiff the next day
    www.facebook.com/barefootlejog

Oh and I've done a few races completely barefoot this year like Edale Skyline. It's all good training. See some of ya next year.
    Last edited by alxmonkey; 29-04-2015 at 08:54 PM.

Good effort alxmonkey. It was good running with you briefly off Ingleborough before you left me for dead, and nice to see your feet were in perfect condition at the finish. (In fact didn't you pick up an injury only after having to put the shoes on?) You feature in my blog report (so do you barnyc) - my first report in a year, coincidentally following last year's Fellsman report. The emotion surrounding an unexpected DNF drove me to extreme measures (blog-writing again). It was good to get to see the leaders running home to the finish. Blog and photos are linked.

Hey Alxmonkey, it was very jolly running along with you, especially when people called them flip flops. If you want a bed or a stock up on food in Lancashire on your lejog give us a shout. Really enjoyed the event and am so happy to have got round. Thanks to the organisers and 3 excellent others to run along with.

Bridget, I'm gonna take you up in that offer. May need a dose of that ultra positivity.
    If you've not look at it already, keep a tab of what's happening with the lejog thing on he Facebook group. Would be good to catch up
    Britnick we learn more from failure and mistakes than from findings the right answers. You're a blooming machine dude. You'll tear Fellsman a new one next year.

I have let Ian France know. Cheers

More blog-ness for you

http://jptds.blogspot.co.uk/2015/04/...sman-2015.html

The reason I joined these forums back in 2012 was for some Fellsman intel, it's taken me this long to complete it!

Well done James.
    Bob

http://bobwightman.co.uk/run/bob_graham.php

Without me you'd be one place nearer the back

Super Moderator
    Aye, good work James
    Poacher turned game-keeper