Thread: Podiatrist somewhere up north?

Podiatrist somewhere up north?

Can anyone recommend a good sports / running one? I'm based nr Halifax so somewhere round the Leeds, Manchester area would be ideal but i'm more than happy to travel if it meant getting a good one.

Have had 8 weeks of no running after knackering the tendon in my foot. Think it was from too much training / racing & v little recovery tho' i do pronate quite heavily & have always done the majority of my running off road in innov8s which may have contributed. Finally seem to have got it to settle down by wearing off the shelf anti pronation orthotics all the time.

Physio has given the go ahead to start some easy running but has said i must carry on wearing the orthotics. This might be ok for a few short runs but all feels a bit random if i'm going to get back to the long stuff.

I've always thought orthotics seemed a bit gimicky but am willing to try anything now. Just want to make sure i get it right & don't do myself any more damage (Have now also got a knackered knee from too much biking )

Thanks, Helen

Super Moderator

Re: Podiatrist somewhere up no

Quote Originally Posted by Tea & cake View Post
    Can anyone recommend a good sports / running one? I'm based nr Halifax so somewhere round the Leeds, Manchester area would be ideal but i'm more than happy to travel if it meant getting a good one.

Have had 8 weeks of no running after knackering the tendon in my foot. Think it was from too much training / racing & v little recovery tho' i do pronate quite heavily & have always done the majority of my running off road in innov8s which may have contributed. Finally seem to have got it to settle down by wearing off the shelf anti pronation orthotics all the time.

Physio has given the go ahead to start some easy running but has said i must carry on wearing the orthotics. This might be ok for a few short runs but all feels a bit random if i'm going to get back to the long stuff.

I've always thought orthotics seemed a bit gimicky but am willing to try anything now. Just want to make sure i get it right & don't do myself any more damage (Have now also got a knackered knee from too much biking )

Thanks, Helen
    I've used a guy in Harrogate called John a few times. You could look up Harrogate Podiatry Clinic I think on t'internet. It's a bit of a way from Halifax but he's a former county standard swimmer and keen to get folks back to their sport if he can
    Poacher turned game-keeper

Re: Podiatrist somewhere up no

Thanks DT, will get googling