Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 5:2 diet

5:2 diet

Need to shift some excess weight, giving this a go and wondered if anyone else has had any experience.

Basically you eat normally for five days of the week and eat only 600 calories on two days of the week.

I started yesterday and had a 600 calories lunch only. Got through an hour of circuit training ok last night and eating normally today until Friday when I will eat only 600 calories again. Then I'll eat normally over the weekend and start again Monday.

Will report how I get on!

Good luck. Some people have done it at work with good effects. I've not seen it done alongside training.

Flip, 600calories and still doing circuit training. Did you have anything to aid recovery after that? I can't imagine that your workouts on the 600calorie day would be of much value without quality fuel to burn. But if it works...

I had a go when I'd had a lazy 12 months and needed to shift some excess, did a couple of weeks but found that the lack of energy meant my running wasn't as good as it should have been, I sort of decided that more calories would let me run harder and therefore shift more weight.

Do you train 7 days a week ? If not, then as suggested above, might be best not to coincide a fast day with a training day if at all possible. After hard training then the body need fuel to repair itself

I think I'm settling on the French Diet.
    pies

'I think I'm settling on the French Diet'

That's a shame, I almost stood on a large toad on the pavement at the end of my run last night, rather than shepherding it across the pavement and into the grass as I did, I could have squashed it and donated the legs :-)

Banned
    Did it for 18 months and it works a treat and it allowed gym sessions without any ill effects.

Went from 14st down to 11st 7lb and ran my best for a full summer.

Tu & Th were diet days, rest were normal eating and Saturday night was ale.

Quote Originally Posted by Daletownrunner View Post
    'I think I'm settling on the French Diet'

That's a shame, I almost stood on a large toad on the pavement at the end of my run last night, rather than shepherding it across the pavement and into the grass as I did, I could have squashed it and donated the legs :-)
    TBH, I was just planning on adding a thick layer of butter and/or cream to everything I eat. Bread, pasta, biscuits, apples, cereals.

Reckon that'll do.
    pies

Quote Originally Posted by shaunaneto View Post
    I think I'm settling on the French Diet.
    Did you see Dara and Ed's Great Big Adventure last night? I'm going to try the Mexican diet of curried Iguanas, i think it will give me an edge over beetroot junkies like Noel. Only problem is i don't know where i can go to get my fresh Iguanas, i might have to break into Roundhay Park Tropical World and set up a breeding program in my summer house.
    Luke Appleyard (Wharfedale)- quick on the dissent