Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 5:2 diet

I'm with you on the going to bed on a full stomach. Usually eat at 8:30-9pm and it's often my largest meal of the day. But then I go through til 1pm without anything, except a spoonful or two of yoghurt etc when I first wake up.

Just another way to keep the calories at a sensible level.

Banned

Banned
    205.25lb
    Beginning of day one Marco
    See where it takes me 🤔

I did this last winter for several months and found it quite effective with slow loss of weight. I would be on it now (or at least 1 day a week) but for 7 weeks of a nasty virus has laid us both low - not the time for draining energy reserves with diets.

My observations are that beware of energy levels dropping off during training, I was trying to do distance work but would just bonk after an hour, although I never tried anything long the immediate day after fasting the cumulative effect was quite draining.
    I also found after a couple of months it became less effective, this was mainly my fault, as combined with some form of training every day I was hungry, the day after fasting I started to "over compensate" with food, big cooked breakfast for starters and having odd cravings for certain foodstuffs, probably more food than I needed! It was very enjoyable though, stuffing myself with lots of treats and NOT putting weight on.
    After a few weeks we quite looked forward to the fasting days, always did a Monday to get over the weekend overindulgences and then a Thursday so we could enjoy the weekend and I would have a bit of food in me for weekend training.

Hope it works for you, probably the only diet or eating programme that I could stick to and would certainly do 1 day a week to feel better and hold my weight steady.
    Don't roll with a pig in poo. You get covered in poo and the pig likes it.

Banned
    200.0 dropped 5.25lb from Mon to Fri on 800 cals a day.

Now see what happens between Fri to Mon eating normally.

Banned
    Cheers Marco
    Only a nett drop of 3.5lb from 7th to 14th with weekend included.

I'll take it though. It would be a stone in a month.

Six years ago I was somewhat overweight, 98kg, a work colleague suddenly began to look "thin", he'd been doing the 5:2 diet so I thought I'd give it a go.

Over the first six months I lost 23kg which was probably a bit much as I hadn't weighed in the mid 70kg range for over thirty years. I'm back up to 83kg now which is maintainable.

The worst part was that a month or so before starting the diet I'd gone through my clothes going: "I'll never get in that again." and threw loads of shirts and trousers out!
    Bob

http://bobwightman.co.uk/run/bob_graham.php

Without me you'd be one place nearer the back

Banned
    10lb in 3 weeks.
    800cals per day on Mon Tu and Wed.
    Eat normal for rest of week.

Oh, bloody pressure has dropped too.

From 126 over 76
    To
    121 over 79

Taken every morning in bed.