Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Recommended trail shoes?

Recommended trail shoes?

I like Adidas Kanadias and have had several pairs but the glue on the soles doesn't seem to like my current, tropical climate (i.e. the soles have come unstuck sooner than expected on the last two pairs) so I want to try someting different. I was going to go for Mizuno Wave Harriers but they seem to have been discontinued. Anyone got any recommendations for something similar? Preferably not a completely flat shoe as I'm having lots of Achilles problems and very low drop shoes (Cheviots) seem to aggrivate the problems.
    Thanks.

Have you tried a repair with something like Freesole, or shoeglue? and sticking with the shoes you like?
    I've used freesole in the past and it's lasted longer than the rest of the shoe.

Rob.

saucony peregrine

I can't get any here. I keep sticking the soles back with the glue local cobblers use but it only lasts a week or two - getting rather tedious. I was already contemplating getting some Shoe Goo sent when I order the new shoes (whatever variety) but I'll see if I can find freesole now you've recommended it. However, it seems wise to try out another brand of shoe altogether to avoid a repeated problem.

Benshep, how do Saucony compare in sizing with Adidas (or NB, Asics, Puma, More Miles)? It's a long time since I had any Saucony and I can't remember what size I needed. (If you have US sizings, so much the better as I will have to order from the USA).
    Thanks.

Brooks Cascadia? Not wildly different to Kanadias, I think they have a lower heel but nothing too ridiculous.
    The only workout you'll ever regret is the one you didn't do.

Live in Brum, run in Worcestershire and Shropshire
    Roclite 295?
    Pete Shakespeare - U/A

Going downhill fast

Master
    The older I get the Faster I was

NB mte 101 for me, love them, not much cop if its particularly muddy but for hard trails they are spot on

I've got some Nike Wild Trail and despite a couple of good features i'd avoid them at all costs. They're well cushioned, relatively cheap, fit well and the laces are robust enough not to come undone every 5 minutes. BUT - the grip is only suitable for bone dry trails. They're worse than useless if it even looks like rain so probably best to avoid. Bught them online, and the promo shots used by Sportshoes make the grip look similar to Roclite's, but the lugs have no depth to them.

Roclite's on the other hand are excellent trail shoes, and I've heard good things about the Saucony Peregrine's. Picked them up in the shop the other week and they looked to have good grip.