Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Paddy Buckley 2015

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Paddy Buckley 2015

Keen to attempt this this year and by far the best w/e's for me are 28 June and 4 July, but that's when nearly all the fell runners in my club are running around sunny Italy. So, if anyone would be interested in supporting an attempt please let me know. Or, give me a shout if you are making an attempt and wouldn't mind running an early leg or two together

John

Yeh, I could be tempted - have been considering a round for a couple of years now so would be keen to help with support/recces. At first glance I think those weekends suit.

Where are you based?

Cheers
    Chris

Hi,
    Thanks for reply. Just trying to fix dates with other people, but based in Leeds. Will probably be in Wales w/e 9,10 May
    John

I'll be doing one in 2 weeks then off to Dolomites myself. What club you on John ?

Good luck for 2 weeks time. I've got family stuff that w/e. I'm in VAlley Striders (fell runners are in the minority). There's quite a few heading out to Cortina in late June

Senior Member Happy on the hills's Avatar
    Would love to support as I love it all, but I'm committed to marshalling the DB race, and I have my own smaller race I organise on the 4th July. Let me know if you change dates.
    Always happy on the hills

I am going to have a go in a couple of weeks. just a couple of questions. The public toilets in the car park at Natmoor, Llanberis and at Ogwen, is there any fresh water/ what time do they close ? What route do you go to get past the house just past Pont Cae Gors? ( it will be last and I dont want to just wander past their front door0.

Quote Originally Posted by johnnietboy View Post
    I am going to have a go in a couple of weeks. just a couple of questions. The public toilets in the car park at Natmoor, Llanberis and at Ogwen, is there any fresh water/ what time do they close ? What route do you go to get past the house just past Pont Cae Gors? ( it will be last and I dont want to just wander past their front door0.
    If you want to avoid complications go on the south side of the fence. This gives a more direct route to Craig Wen. In the past the house was uninhabited and there was no problem.

Met the farmer who owns the barns, etc to the side of the house. He was a bit grumpy but didn't mind us going through the gates. The field behind the house has gates onto the hillCapture.JPGside

pcg.jpg
    I used to keep my distance from the house by going through a gate in the wall then through sheep pen gates above the house.
    Going over the wall at the bottom of the drive (south of house) keeps you out of trouble. After all there is no right of way through the property