Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Paddy Buckley 2015

Attachment 8081
    I used to keep my distance from the house by going through a gate in the wall then through sheep pen gates above the house.
    Going over the wall at the bottom of the drive (south of house) keeps you out of trouble. After all there is no right of way through the property

I used to go round the LHS of the house/barns nd hooked through the field around his house using the gates

But this was when it was rarely used, I think he was starting doing some work there. As YDT says though there is no formal access so be careful and if he says something there are other ways which are a bit longer. But in places like the Carneddau the farmers will kick you off the land in certain spots so be careful and tread lightly...

Thanks. I got in touch with the park authority and they put me in touch with the owner of the house. He was happy for me to run up the drive and past the house as I would be on my own. He did ask me to be careful crossing the walls further up. The house is now a holiday let.

If you're still doing a PBR on the last weekend in June I'd be happy to run with you. I'm planning a rec. of the full route.

Successful Completion

I am happy to report 2 successful completions on June 20th - one of which is a little unusual.

Tom Brunt completed in Llanberis at 18.16 on Saturday June 20th having started at 19.05 on Friday 19th. His time was thus 23 hours and 11 minutes. This was a fine achievement given that the weather overnight and during Saturday morning was poor with low cloud and drizzle making nighttime navigation very tricky.

Tom was accompanied by a variety of pacers and supporters and Tom and the pacing support carried round a small part of the ashes of Craig Harwood. Many of you will remember that Craig was tragically killed in a climbing accident last September. Craig had completed the Bob Graham (twice) and the Charlie Ramsay and had made two attempts on the Paddy Buckley both of which ran out of time in less than optimal conditions.

Around 22 of his friends decided that this would be a fitting tribute to someone who inspired many to believe in themselves and complete Bobb Graham rounds and other challenges. Craig becomes (posthumously) one of a still small band of those who have completed all 3 rounds.

We had fun!

Successful Completion

I am happy to report 2 successful completions on June 20th - one of which is a little unusual.

Tom Brunt completed in Llanberis at 18.16 on Saturday June 20th having started at 19.05 on Friday 19th. His time was thus 23 hours and 11 minutes. This was a fine achievement given that the weather overnight and during Saturday morning was poor with low cloud and drizzle making nighttime navigation very tricky.

Tom was accompanied by a variety of pacers and supporters and Tom and the pacing support carried round a small part of the ashes of Craig Harwood. Many of you will remember that Craig was tragically killed in a climbing accident last September. Craig had completed the Bob Graham (twice) and the Charlie Ramsay and had made two attempts on the Paddy Buckley both of which ran out of time in less than optimal conditions.

Around 22 of his friends decided that this would be a fitting tribute to someone who inspired many to believe in themselves and complete Bobb Graham rounds and other challenges. Craig becomes (posthumously) one of a still small band of those who have completed all 3 rounds.

We had fun!

Congratulations and hats off for a touching tribute as well as a brilliant achievement.

Quote Originally Posted by runningmanuk View Post
    Successful Completion

We had fun!
    Well done Tom.
    A fitting tribute to Craig indeed, one of the nicest people you could meet!
    While supporting a PB attempt on 11.07.98 I found Craig's schedule at the quarries and kept it. I kept it together with other schedules for posterity.
    photo.jpg

I postponed due to sickly children. I was on the way up there, infact I got as far as Bethesda. The weather forcast was cool and clear with only light rain. The I got 'the call'. 2 children with D+V is a 2 adult job, apparently!!! Anyway, I have now saved up enough credits and am trying again 24th/25th July.
    I ran with Craig on the GL3D when it was in Wales and met him again on the SLMM. Very freindly guy, great thing to do with his ashes..
    Last edited by johnnietboy; 30-06-2015 at 06:09 PM.

Senior Member Happy on the hills's Avatar
    Well done Tom, and team. Awesome stuff.
    Always happy on the hills