Thread: Paddy Buckley schedules

Paddy Buckley schedules

Does anyone have a schedule from Llanberis handy please ?

Bob

http://bobwightman.co.uk/run/bob_graham.php

Without me you'd be one place nearer the back

I use Bobs as a rough guide. I found I was always quicker on the ups and slower on descents.

The descents seemed ambitious.. weren't they from Turnbulls?

I'm not a fan of Llanberis starts, But don't push too quick as it trashes you. I failed on mine from there but maybe that was the thigh deep snow..

I'd watch the weather too, you really want dry rock for the glyders so grab that when you can.

IainR: Yes they came from Turnbull's book. I think (I'd have to check the code) that I adjust them according to where you start so the base times are all leg one if you were and then each successive leg is slightly slower.

Most people these days seem to start from Capel Curig, John Fleetwood started from Llanberis for his winter round.
    Bob

http://bobwightman.co.uk/run/bob_graham.php

Without me you'd be one place nearer the back

PM me your email address and I can send you over my Llanberis schedule and a bunch of others. Trying to ensure good weather over the Glyders was precisely why I started from Llanberis... and also means that you get much of the nasty rocky stuff out of the way on fresh legs if, like me, you're not a fan of rock/scrambling.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenFlash View Post
    PM me your email address and I can send you over my Llanberis schedule and a bunch of others. Trying to ensure good weather over the Glyders was precisely why I started from Llanberis... and also means that you get much of the nasty rocky stuff out of the way on fresh legs if, like me, you're not a fan of rock/scrambling.
    I don't mind the rock but want it out of the way and I think it's better to do it at night,am not planning on being back in dark. Ian if weather looks crap I wont bother but it's bank holiday so will be glorious weather......

I don't mind the rock but want it out of the way and I think it's better to do it at night,am not planning on being back in dark. Ian if weather looks crap I wont bother but it's bank holiday so will be glorious weather......

Glyders at night?

Its possible, I think you want light somewhere around the summit of Garn or Llyn y Cwn ideally.

Snowdon is the easiest leg in the dark.

Quote Originally Posted by IainR View Post
    Glyders at night?

Its possible, I think you want light somewhere around the summit of Garn or Llyn y Cwn ideally.

Snowdon is the easiest leg in the dark.
    I left Llanberis at 2.15am, climbed the quarries in the dark, giving first glimmer of light coming off Elidir Fawr. Darkness again coming off Yr Aran to finish. Meant no running through the night. Worked well for me.

I left Llanberis at 2.15am, climbed the quarries in the dark, giving first glimmer of light coming off Elidir Fawr. Darkness again coming off Yr Aran to finish. Meant no running through the night. Worked well for me.
    We tried to time things in a similar way, albeit with a different start/finish. Start at Nantmor early evening, Snowdon in darkness, first light coming off Elidir Fawr, then light enough to see by the time we were climbing the Glyders, finish over Moelwyns and Cnicht well before it was dark and with enough time to drive back to Cumbria for a normal bedtime.
    if I can't see blencathra it's raining
    if I can see blencathra it's going to rain