Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Joss Naylor Challenge

Hope I get better weather than the last timeI tried.

The forecast's looking a bit iffy, but not as bad as Karen's last attempt. Our schedule for Sunday has us starting from Pooley Bridge at 05:00, Kirkstone Pass 08:07, Dunmail Raise 10:22, Sty Head 14:37, Greendale Bridge 18:56. If you see us on the hill, tell us to get a move on!
    Andy Robinson
    Runfurther committee member
    Helsby Running Club

It could be we aim for Splatchers time rather than mine. A speedy run round the Guild Wheel seems to have seriously aggravated what I think is a mortons neuroma?

Quote Originally Posted by Splatcher View Post
    The forecast's looking a bit iffy, but not as bad as Karen's last attempt. Our schedule for Sunday has us starting from Pooley Bridge at 05:00, Kirkstone Pass 08:07, Dunmail Raise 10:22, Sty Head 14:37, Greendale Bridge 18:56. If you see us on the hill, tell us to get a move on!
    Did you go and if so what happened.

Going up tomorrow to reccie leg 1 and 2 to Fairfleld and back I think

Set off, a bit of drizzle by Kidsty. Splatchers was struggling on the ups and not enjoying himself. We were on 16 hr pace by then and still in it by Dunmail but Andy decided to bin it there as the weather did not look like improving and he was not having fun. the was little point me continuing in y own as I was unlikely to claw back an hour and had nobody to verify the times anyway. Nice run/ jog for 6 hours

Brian Melia trying today! 12 hour pace!6am start

Quote Originally Posted by tomphillips View Post
    Brian Melia trying today! 12 hour pace!6am start
    Stunning morning, I was staying in Pooley Bridge, did quite a bit of leg 1 yesterday, but today was quite warm with a breeze getting stronger, had I known I would have joined in for abit.

Quote Originally Posted by IanDarkpeak View Post
    Stunning morning, I was staying in Pooley Bridge, did quite a bit of leg 1 yesterday, but today was quite warm with a breeze getting stronger, had I known I would have joined in for abit.
    Did Leg 1 with Clare Harris this morning. Now fingers crossed that she is home in time!

Brian started like a train and soon vanished into the distance. Shows how fast 12 hours is compared to 16 hour schedule. Clare made it to Greendale within the required time..

Brian made it with less than 5 minutes to spare! He was down at Dunmail by over 20 minutes and dropped further time to Styhead - 40 minutes plus down at that point. But gradually ramping up the effort and fuelling up well he started to pick up just enough time on Gable, Kirkfell and Pillar to make it just about possible. A sprint down the Haycock scree and Brian emptied the tank on Seatallan and Middle Fell to complete what at one point looked an unlikely sub 12 hour JNC! Joss was impressed!