Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Scottish 4000s - Sunday

Thanks Adnan, but I don't think we'll be up in time unfortunately. Good luck and let us know how it all goes!

Any one know how Adnan is doing?

Quote Originally Posted by IanDarkpeak View Post
    Any one know how Adnan is doing?
    Bump? any one?

Did you go for it Adnan? Hope it went well if you did. There were a few people hanging around the Ben car park on Sat night but no-one seemed to know what I was talking about when I mentioned the Ramsay.

Hi Shelf and Ian,

I did give it a go but didn't get round. I started at 2:30am instead of 10am. Coming off Ben Nevis and Aonach Beag was interesting, I was pleased I carried an Ice Axe. (The Aonach Beag Cairn was still under the snow). But I hurt my knee cap coming down to Fersit. I stepped on the wet grass and it just came off and I fall down bashing my knee cap against a boulder, managed to got hold of tussocks to stop myself falling further. It was one leg hop down to Fersit from there. It wasn't broken or dislocated so carried on after taking ibrufen, took nearly 2 hours to get to the top of Stob Coire Sgriodain and after that my stomach wasn't very happy. I was over the 24-hours time then. It was a nice day and I had a company so just had a social walk/jog to Lochleit Lodge ticking over the next 2 tops. By the time I got there rain had started, still went up to do the Mamores section but after Binnein Beag we had a little chat, everyone was a bit uncomfortable in the strong wind and horizontal rain. After doing the first leg by myself I wasn't very keen to spend another night on me tod so we decided to come down to Glen. I did ask if they could get me a storm shelter I am happy to wait until the weather passes and my stomach may settle down too and will just finish the whole thing but wasn't allowed.

I went out with open mind knowing the conditions/support I had and very pleased to how far I got. Seeing sun rise at the top of Ben Nevis was something special.

I hope you had a good weekend too.

_|_
    ./\.

That sounds like a good effort, well done. Hope the knee heals up OK. I ended up with a complicated arrangement to meet family but ran West Highland Way from FW to Tyndrum with a good fun detour up to Stob Ban and the ridge. Planning to get back for the 4000s later in the year...

Thanks and Good luck for it when you do.

_|_
    ./\.