Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Trackers 28 / 29 May

Anne Marie on top of Gable at 20:50. Amy on Littledale Edge at the same time.
    Martyn Price
    North Leeds Fell Runners

For tracker geeks we had a bit of a problem with Paul Johnsons tracker - the system stops tracking 20 mins after the finish location is recorded. It only triggers this finish once a mandatory CP on the route is triggered - this is Dunmail! as Paul switched the tracker on before arriving at Keswick and drove over Dunmail raise (which recorded a time), it in effect switched the tracking off 20 mins after he started.

Have to confess not staying up till midnight to watch them all head off - I realised the problem this morning and sent a quick text to the tracker to get it tracking again by which time he was on Leg 3.

Its a problem we have not seen before, be we know how to solve it. Sorry to Paul Johnson.

Well done to all who have pulled off the rounds this weekend.
    James

Diabetes is not an excuse its a reason www.howfast.org

Quote Originally Posted by howfast View Post
    For tracker geeks we had a bit of a problem with Paul Johnsons tracker - the system stops tracking 20 mins after the finish location is recorded. It only triggers this finish once a mandatory CP on the route is triggered - this is Dunmail! as Paul switched the tracker on before arriving at Keswick and drove over Dunmail raise (which recorded a time), it in effect switched the tracking off 20 mins after he started.

Have to confess not staying up till midnight to watch them all head off - I realised the problem this morning and sent a quick text to the tracker to get it tracking again by which time he was on Leg 3.

Its a problem we have not seen before, be we know how to solve it. Sorry to Paul Johnson.

Well done to all who have pulled off the rounds this weekend.
    No apologies needed James. These trackers are amazing, so addictive and of great use to support following a contender. Thank you for providing them.

I was on a leg 1,2,3 reccie yesterday one of those women and her 3 supports showed me loads of good lines in the Langdale area, until I could not keep up. She was 5 minutes up approaching Rosset Pike.

Howfast is it possible to view the checkpoint summary on the mobile version of the web site?

Dr Patrict - Rob the developer (who I think you may know) says its on the list.
    James

Amy made it in about 23:40ish. Great effort.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Smith View Post
    Amy made it in about 23:40ish. Great effort.
    Think it was Amy I followed somebody said that name, she was moving really well through the Langdales.

Quote Originally Posted by howfast View Post
    Dr Patrict - Rob the developer (who I think you may know) says its on the list.
    Flynn?

James