Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Alberto Salazar

considering it myself as a way of winding back the clock.....if you suddenly see an MV55 knocking off course records, you know where to look!!
    Simon Blease
    Monmouth

Quote Originally Posted by Wheeze View Post
    considering it myself as a way of winding back the clock.....if you suddenly see an MV55 knocking off course records, you know where to look!!
    Why I never thought of that!? I wonder if the clock can be wound back for a 70 year old

Oh. I though it had Yiannis along with Kieran and Dennis and Geoff and all the others I am used to seeing disappear into the distance.
    "...as dry as the Atacama desert".

Quote Originally Posted by Graham Breeze View Post
    Oh. I though it had Yiannis along with Kieran and Dennis and Geoff and all the others I am used to seeing disappear into the distance.

Quote Originally Posted by Wheeze View Post
    I found this http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-32983932 to be fascinating and revealing.
    With undetectable performance hikes like that, it must be almost impossible for a professional athlete to resist?
    I got used to training about 12 hours per week.

The effects were obvious. I was now able to stay with group rides I had previously only seen disappearing into the distance. I even managed a top 10 in one bike race, which was pretty good for me.

So, by the time I was ready to start the experiment, I was fitter than I'd ever been - so I would know that any marked improvements in my performance would most likely not be natural.
    This sentence in the article isn't a very convincing premise for someone who has recently started training harder/better than ever before - in the documentary, does he provide evidence he has plateaued before going on to the EPO stage?

You best put a bulk order in, we all want some!
    Don't roll with a pig in poo. You get covered in poo and the pig likes it.

I'll stick to beetroot juice

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by LissaJous View Post
    This sentence in the article isn't a very convincing premise for someone who has recently started training harder/better than ever before - in the documentary, does he provide evidence he has plateaued before going on to the EPO stage?
    It is a shame we have no evidence he had plateau'd, and that we did not get to see his passport results. It would also have been interesting to know his EPO regimen. Presumably this was not revealed in case he could be accused of helping cheaters - but surely this information is widely available on the net. The multiple claims/concerns from different people does have the ring of Armstrong about it.This is not the same as guilt, of course.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by dnf View Post
    I'll stick to beetroot juice
    Can't stand the stuff - I just eat the vegetable itself.

Banned
    Banned