Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Trackers 27/28 June

Wow, that was a tough day out! 3 of us from Sheffield's Porter Valley set out at 1am Saturday for a first attempt with "light support" (just road crossings and a friend for conversation legs 1,2,5; carried own gear, own nav).

Perfect weather legs 1-3, but the wind and thick cloud set in for leg 4. Lots of 10 Peaks racers looking lost going over Pillar and Kirk Fell. Clear again by leg 5 for welcome views of Keswick lights at dusk.

I finished in 23:07hr, Rob went over time coming off Robinson, and John retired at Great End having been unable to keep food down since Threlkeld.

Selection of photos here: https://goo.gl/photos/RRG8pYvDAqRhHiEa6

Well done Martyn. You obviously made good use of Bowland's GL.
    I was a bit of an oddball until I was abducted by aliens; but I'm perfectly OK now!

Quote Originally Posted by DrPatrickBarry View Post
    That is good to hear, the tracker seemed to have quit at Kirk Fell, just a case of a helper diverted off and did not pass it on at Honister.
    Josh completed in 23.05, We separated at the top of Yewbarrow as I was just getting slower, we only had 1 tracker between us and I was carrying it. I did follow Moses trod after Kirk Fell.

Steve

Well done Martyn, having needed all the help of DPFR to get round previous weekend in thick clag, respect to those without such support. Look out for you in The Greystones and up Porter clough