Thread: Whittle Pike Fell Race video

Whittle Pike Fell Race video

Re: Whittle Pike Fell Race vid

thanks fishbulb
    The race does not always go to the swift, but to the ones who keep running

Fellhound

Hmm... can't help noticing that the cameraman missed a trick by not actually going up onto the FELL!

The problem is that he likes to get everyone at the start as they're all together and it's quite easy to get film of all the runners (we all like to see ourselves!), and then it's tricky getting to a good point to film out on the course (plus he's only just turned 14 and he's a lazy bugger ) and back for the finish.

Eventually we want to get another camera and get his sisters filming too which will improve things but as it is now it's a little hobby for him that is generally well received and so boosts his confidence, gets him out into the countryside and maybe, just maybe, one day he'll think 'This fell running lark looks ok, I might have a go at that.'

Fellhound

Aww I feel reet guilty for being critical now...

Problem is, fellrunning is a pretty cr*p spectator sport. We are out there thinking we are "flying" down an impossibly rough piece of fell when the camera actually says there is some ungainly old bloke jogging down a sloping field....

The good thing about getting the runners on a climb, is they're in shot for longer. I guess the further he goes into the race, the more editing between runners needs doing though.

Quote Originally Posted by fishbulb View Post
    The problem is that he likes to get everyone at the start as they're all together and it's quite easy to get film of all the runners (we all like to see ourselves!), and then it's tricky getting to a good point to film out on the course (plus he's only just turned 14 and he's a lazy bugger ) and back for the finish.

Eventually we want to get another camera and get his sisters filming too which will improve things but as it is now it's a little hobby for him that is generally well received and so boosts his confidence, gets him out into the countryside and maybe, just maybe, one day he'll think 'This fell running lark looks ok, I might have a go at that.'

Yep. By the way, did you get the PM I sent you RE the results AG?

Quote Originally Posted by fishbulb View Post
    Yep. By the way, did you get the PM I sent you RE the results AG?
    Yes, I passed it on to those concerned.

Cheers.

Quote Originally Posted by Trundler View Post
    Problem is, fellrunning is a pretty cr*p spectator sport. We are out there thinking we are "flying" down an impossibly rough piece of fell when the camera actually says there is some ungainly old bloke jogging down a sloping field....
    The Snowdon Race is worth having a look at!