Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: The Frog Graham

Super Moderator
    Best swap your socks for flippers 😉

Quote Originally Posted by Derby Tup View Post
    Best swap your socks for flippers ��
    Indeed!

Is anyone here planning an attempt in 2019? You don't have to inform the FGRC prior to having a go, but it does help if we know of people's intentions. It looks like being a busy year!

Contact me on [email protected]
    Martyn Price
    North Leeds Fell Runners

Very interesting .....

https://puddlebuckley.co.uk/
    Martyn Price
    North Leeds Fell Runners

I'm pleased to announce that I completed this on Saturday. It's a great route and I enjoyed it much more than the Bob Graham! There are a few reasons for this. It is shorter so obviously not as demanding and I could complete it completely in daylight. There felt like less pressure as there is no time limit and the swims made it feel more of an adventure. The toughest parts were the ascents of Melbreak and Robinson and the final swim across Derwent Water when a fairly strong head wind picked up.

Despite not being much of a swimmer I particularly enjoyed the swims. Weather was really hot so Crummock and Buttermere were both swam across without a wetsuit but I didn't get cold. In fact I was reluctant to get out as it was so nice to cool down! Many thanks to Martyn and the FGR committee who are regularly updating the website and Facebook page.
    Mike Quinn
    Esk Valley Fell Club

Just seen on FB that two women have extended the FG challenge by doing the Bob Graham and while doing it they have also swum across Wastwater, Buttermere, Bassenthwaite and Derwentwater.

That’s impressive!

Quote Originally Posted by millipede View Post
    Just seen on FB that two women have extended the FG challenge by doing the Bob Graham and while doing it they have also swum across Wastwater, Buttermere, Bassenthwaite and Derwentwater.

That’s impressive!
    Yes, Natalie Hawkrigg and Clare Regan. I wouldn't say they extended the FGR challenge, rather they did something completely different and I have to say it was one hell of an achievement.

Mind you, these two adventurous ladies have a habit of successfully doing big stuff. Impressive.
    Martyn Price
    North Leeds Fell Runners

There is a talk by Peter Hayes, who created the Frog Graham Round, at the Alpkit Store in Ilkley on Sat 2 April 2022 at 7pm. Link for tickets:-
    https://www.eventbrite.com/e/frog-gr...s-293883372077

Quote Originally Posted by Ilkley Swimmer View Post
    There is a talk by Peter Hayes, who created the Frog Graham Round, at the Alpkit Store in Ilkley on Sat 2 April 2022 at 7pm. Link for tickets:-
    https://www.eventbrite.com/e/frog-gr...s-293883372077
    How did this go? I forgot it was happening and Peter didn't mention it.
    Martyn Price
    North Leeds Fell Runners

An update on 2022 Frog Graham Round attempts:

There were a total of 24 successfully ratified rounds from 48 attempts, so exactly a 1:2 success rate. Of these, the fastest man was Shaun Godsman in 13:02 and the fastest woman was Emma Shawcross in 15:40.

There was one successful winter round, this was from Natalie Hawkrigg (the existing ladies record holder) who went round in 15:46 on 2nd December, becoming the first woman to do a winter Frog Graham Round.
    Martyn Price
    North Leeds Fell Runners