Thread: Joshua Jardine - BG

Joshua Jardine - BG

Well done Joshua on a BG in very testing conditions this Saturday/Sunday. 23 hours 6 minutes. Only 18 - I don;t think there have been many teenage BG successes?

Steve Rhodes started at the same time but started to fall behind schedule on leg 4. He will be back again to succeed next year for sure!

Quote Originally Posted by tomphillips View Post
    Well done Joshua on a BG in very testing conditions this Saturday/Sunday. 23 hours 6 minutes. Only 18 - I don;t think there have been many teenage BG successes?

Steve Rhodes started at the same time but started to fall behind schedule on leg 4. He will be back again to succeed next year for sure!
    Well done Joshua!

Quote Originally Posted by tomphillips View Post

Well done josh, you looked strong everytime our paths crossed on leg 4 - i was pacing rob and sam. Good to see your finish in keswick.

Indeed, well done Josh.
    In terms of the youngest completer; in 1992 member 795, Ben Squibb was only in his early / mid teens when he completed the round.
    I was a bit of an oddball until I was abducted by aliens; but I'm perfectly OK now!

considering the miserable conditions , Josh and Steve never lost their great sense of humour all the way across leg 3. It was only the wind that slowed our progress from Ill cragg.
    Really pleased for you Josh. Steve you will be back another day. let me know if I can help out

Well done Josh. Top effort in those conditions. Enjoyed supporting leg 2. I have no doubt Steve will get round in the future.

Was Josh coming through Wasdale around 10 on Sunday morning? May have seen him leaving. With the conditions and one pacer saying he was a little down on a 23 hour schedule it wasn't looking great. Brilliant effort it he managed to pull it out from there. Congratulations!

Quote Originally Posted by Ally View Post
    Was Josh coming through Wasdale around 10 on Sunday morning? May have seen him leaving. With the conditions and one pacer saying he was a little down on a 23 hour schedule it wasn't looking great. Brilliant effort it he managed to pull it out from there. Congratulations!
    Yes, they got into Wasdale about 10:05 and left about 10:30. It was a great effort in very tough conditions. Steve lost too much time on leg 4, but I'm sure he'll come back stronger for another go!