Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: South Wales Traverse

Great - so Andy, Caz and I in for the full stretch with Chris J and Gary D as pacers, Moley and/or Derek T as road support. If I manage it at all it'll be on a 22 hr schedule at best I expect so I hope that suits you OK Andy?

Quote Originally Posted by Ed D View Post
    Great - so Andy, Caz and I in for the full stretch with Chris J and Gary D as pacers, Moley and/or Derek T as road support. If I manage it at all it'll be on a 22 hr schedule at best I expect so I hope that suits you OK Andy?
    Sounds good to me Ed. I spoke to Dave Austin, who was also at Llanthony, who said he'd be happy to advise and pace a few legs. Matthew Lawson would also like to join in for the full Traverse.
    Striving for mediocrity

I'd be up for something. What schedule are you setting?
    Simon Blease
    Monmouth

Not sure yet Wheeze, but my instinct is to do the Beacons/road section in the dark because it's the easiest to nav (having said that I haven't recce'd the section through the quarries yet).

Andy I hadn't seen your reply on here when we were at Llanthony, if I had done I'd have had a chat about it. Should be a good laugh with the 4 of us, I know Caz will keep us smiling through the pain!

All being well if I'm there and mobile, I shall certainly want to do the last leg with Caz (and others), once he's slowed down! I helped pace his last legs on his Paddy and Meiri rounds so don't want to miss another Welsh round.
    Don't roll with a pig in poo. You get covered in poo and the pig likes it.

Resurecting an old thread for my first post here!
    I'm considering a West to East SWT on 4th/5th September, mainly solo and I've got road support covered. I'm thinking approx 22 hour schedule.

I'd love it if anyone fancied joining the night legs (Fforest Fwar and Brecon Beacon sections), mainly for safety: to fend off the sheep monsters or to pull me out of a bog.

Any interest or suggestions etc?
    Doing what I can from down in the grime

I'm guessing gruffT didn't get any help with this.....sorry!

BUT Helen Brown has taken over an hour off the women's record, coming in at 18:48:45.
    Read about it here (it's a Facebook thingie, but you should be able to read it....)
    ....it's all downhill from here.

Master
    Within sight of Leicestershire's Beacon Hill
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave_Mole View Post

BUT Helen Brown has taken over an hour off the women's record, coming in at 18:48:45.
    Read about it here (it's a Facebook thingie, but you should be able to read it....)
    An interesting account . . . although it's not like Helen to miss out on the overall record.
    In his lifetime he suffered from unreality, as do so many Englishmen.
    Jorge Luis Borges

Great read...

Live in Brum, run in Worcestershire and Shropshire
    Damian Hall set off on a SWT record attempt this morning.
    Tracker is here: http://live.opentracking.co.uk/swt20dh/