Thread: PBR gathering

PBR gathering

Hi, i am organising a gathering/meal for anyone who has completed the PBR on the 17th oct. Paddy has said he will come along and do a small chat about the round. it will be in the evening after the fell relays at the midland hotel in morcambe.
    it will be a great chance to meet Paddy and have an informal meal with friends. all you will have to do is ring the hotel and book a meal for the PBR gathering which is approx £30 a head.
    i need to know numbers so if you are interested please email me [email protected] or ring me on 07976 898190.
    its a similar idea to the BG gathering but on a much more informal basis with no presentation or dance after and is also a one off, but i'm sure Paddy will sign a photo for you.
    jonathan whilock

Master
    Thanks Jon, a great idea. just for clarity do we book direct with hotel or via you?

hi, just book your meal direct with the hotel mentioning it's for the PBR group. if we have enough we can use one of their function rooms. i want to get an idea of numbers first and i'll let them know, theyve said it will be ok to do it that way. should be a great opportunity to meet paddy and i'm sure it'll be very interesting to hear him speak about the early days of the round. if anyone has any suggestions to add please feel free, its all very relaxed and open.
    jonathan

I think this is the same day as the JNC diner/evening!

hi, sorry about that Tom, it was bound to clash with something. well done on your JNC by the way, i did legs 1 & 2 on a v50 and was completely wasted by dunmail, he wasn't as fast as you either.
    i'll be ringing the hotel soon and will post details about booking meals.
    jonathan.

hi, i've booked the room and so far there are about 25 of us, the room will take 48 so there are still 20 places, please let me know if you'd like to come along.
    jonathan