Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bouncing Bumbags!

Bouncing Bumbags!

Is there any possible way known to man or womankind to stop bumbags sliding around? If I put anything more than a pair of gloves in mine it ends up half way up my chest, sometimes at the back sometimes at the front depending on how annoying it's feeling. Help!

I use the montane 6 batpack, and it's hard to describe but the rear of the bag is like a panel that fits against your back, so that it sits flat and flush against the back... Maybe at 6 litres a little large for most, but I use it for all 'kit' races no matter how long or short, with absolutely no issues...

Although its the one and only bumbag I've ever used so got nothing to compare it to....

Sounds like something Batman would say to Robin.

It's being skinny that does it i find, that and carrying water. I have no way of stopping it bouncing other than to get the strap tightness just right and try and ignore it.
    Luke Appleyard (Wharfedale)- quick on the dissent

Inov-8 do some all right bumbags.. I end up having mine just above my hips, seems to work. Water is an issue, so just use the flat inov8 500 ml bottle and top up at high up streams.

I find bumbag OK as long as I'm not carrying water. Have tried handheld water bottle, but that gets in the way when using map&compass or scrambling. Recently started using inov8 race vest and find that works well. Only downside is sweaty back on a hot day.

I think a bumbag with a built in jock strap may be the answer, wait till you see me on dragons den with this one.
    Cause tramps like us, baby we were born to run

Quote Originally Posted by bigfella View Post
    I think a bumbag with a built in jock strap may be the answer, wait till you see me on dragons den with this one.
    Heh, you could be on to something here. Or maybe bumbag/suspenders combo fastened to calf sleeves? OMM gear to OMG gear in one easy step.

Pack it properly so it's firm. I put trousers/hat/glove/survival bag at the bottom, then waterproof. Map, compass and food are in places easy to get at. With a bit of prior thought regards weather forecast, when I might need a map and my 2nd stash of food, I can pack so I only need to go in my bumbag once during a long race.
    Tighten it up around your waist properly, so when you jiggle it doesn't. I do mine up pretty tight but have no breathing from the diaphragm issues.
    If you have elastic on it (like the OMM ones) hook this over the hooks on the bottom. It makes it tighter and more stable. This makes it tricky to get in to but, again, with thought you place likely-needed items and the zips at one side for easy access and minimal rummaging.
    A base layer is great to stop the dreaded BumBag rub. However, if I'm not wearing one my vest comes out of my shorts pretty easily and the chafe is sore - but only after the race!
    Nic Barber. Downhill Dandy

Hmmm. How about fastening the lace on your shorts or tights through the buckle ont' bumbag?