Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Lee Mill Relay

Quote Originally Posted by Travs View Post
    By the way I have heeded the various warnings on this thread about the weather, and made it extremely clear to all my potential runners what is expected with regards to kit, and potential weather conditions, and asked them all to confirm to me that they are still happy to put themselves forward.
    Local weather forecast for tomorrow is no rain but 'feels like' temperature of 0 to 3C.
    Going downhill fast - until I fell over

Quote Originally Posted by Tindersticks View Post
    See you on Sunday Pete

You’ll be reet doing two legs....I did all four legs on my own the first time the relay was held....one hard day out for sure.

Cheers
    I would expect nothing less from yourself Daz...!

Usual last-minute chaos means I may well be doing 3 legs tomorrow.

Great stuff today at the relays... just had my 2nd bath and my feet are still brown...

Having seen the conditions in the past couple of years, I guess today was quite tame in comparison, but it was sticky and boggy. Ran the first leg (missed the start as was spewing up into a bush) and had to make up ground... with a valiant effort managed to catch and pass the other Cov Godiva guy, which was a relief as I had to take over from him on the 2nd leg. Managed to run the 2nd leg a little faster, but no excuses, I had a shocker today.

Hello Daz Tindersticks and Bill FellUpFellDown... see you New Year's Day at Nine Standards hopefully...

Lee Mill relay again Sunday 24th November, Rossendale ,teams of 4 over 10.7k. cheers!

Will be putting in a couple of teams again this year. Hopefully a vaguely competitive mixed team this year if it all stays together.

Will be putting in a couple of teams again this year. Hopefully a vaguely competitive mixed team this year if it all stays together.
    Ok,hope to see you there.

Travs. I may be free that weekend and have always fancied this, so in the absence of a DP team, if you end up one short, bear me in mind.

Cheers Gaz, will certainly bear it in mind. At present we have a full compliment of 8 but i'd not be surprised if we lose one or two.

Any other forumites on this sunday?

Cov Godiva bringing two teams up... the A team will consist of a very fast guy, myself, GazB of this parish (thanks to Wolves&Bilston/Dark Peak for loaning his services), and a lady to finish off the team (none other than the daughter of Olympic Marathon runner Colin Kirkham).

B team will consist of a couple of slower ones, a young lad on his first race, and i'll possibly run a 2nd leg to complete the team.

I'm faced with the very real prospect of taking up the baton on the 2nd leg very high up the field, as our first guy is a serious dude... hopefully I can hold the fort and get round without dropping through half the field, before handing over to a proper runner in GazB.

Again only 6 people from the club involved, but caused a bit of a buzz amongst the group.

Any other forumites on this sunday?

Cov Godiva bringing two teams up... the A team will consist of a very fast guy, myself, GazB of this parish (thanks to Wolves&Bilston/Dark Peak for loaning his services), and a lady to finish off the team (none other than the daughter of Olympic Marathon runner Colin Kirkham).

B team will consist of a couple of slower ones, a young lad on his first race, and i'll possibly run a 2nd leg to complete the team.

I'm faced with the very real prospect of taking up the baton on the 2nd leg very high up the field, as our first guy is a serious dude... hopefully I can hold the fort and get round without dropping through half the field, before handing over to a proper runner in GazB.

Again only 6 people from the club involved, but caused a bit of a buzz amongst the group.
    Hi Pete

See you there pal, be good to catch up.

Cheers Darren
    Darren Fishwick, Chorley.