Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Lee Mill Relay

Thank you Dnf & the Rossy crew for guiding us Deckchairs, amongst others, round the course today. Looking forward to race day, hopefully similiar conditions.....
    This BG round & the training therein is dedicated to the fond memory of Daz H - there is no such word as can't.

Quote Originally Posted by Manhar View Post
    Thank you Dnf & the Rossy crew for guiding us Deckchairs, amongst others, round the course today. Looking forward to race day, hopefully similiar conditions.....
    Thanks Manhar...very wet up there at the moment and a small lake appeared on part of the course. Good turnout for recce run of about 25? Mite do another next weekend.

Hi Richard

I have a confession to make for which I hang my head in shame.

Today myself and 6 Chorley teammates went for a Lee Mills reccy.....and I got us lost! Yes I'm a nob, but in my defence one of your Rossy star men, Ronnie Turner, was also in attendance. We set off from Top of Leach trig and after about 5 minutes me and Ronnie looked at each other and said, "shit, we've gone wrong". After much p*ss taking we eventually got back on track.

Now, talking of nobs!

You know the section where the sheep's skull was ( didn't see it today) this was totally submerged and we had to re-route around it. However, curiosity got the better of my teammate Bill. He set off to cross the flooded path and turned back when he'd gone nob deep. This section could be very interesting on the day...can't wait.

After the reccy everybody was buzzing about the route and surprised with how tough it was. Great to have Ronnie's company for the run.

Cheers from Chorley.
    Darren Fishwick, Chorley.

Quote Originally Posted by Tindersticks View Post
    Hi Richard

I have a confession to make for which I hang my head in shame.

Today myself and 6 Chorley teammates went for a Lee Mills reccy.....and I got us lost! Yes I'm a nob, but in my defence one of your Rossy star men, Ronnie Turner, was also in attendance. We set off from Top of Leach trig and after about 5 minutes me and Ronnie looked at each other and said, "shit, we've gone wrong". After much p*ss taking we eventually got back on track.

Now, talking of nobs!

You know the section where the sheep's skull was ( didn't see it today) this was totally submerged and we had to re-route around it. However, curiosity got the better of my teammate Bill. He set off to cross the flooded path and turned back when he'd gone nob deep. This section could be very interesting on the day...can't wait.

After the reccy everybody was buzzing about the route and surprised with how tough it was. Great to have Ronnie's company for the run.

Cheers from Chorley.
    Ronnie is notorious for his sense of direction, your lucky he turned up on the right day. Yes, don't know where the lake came from, easy enuff to skirt round it tho if its still there on race day. Everyone seemed to like the run despite the bogs, looking forward to the race. Cheers!

Another recce this Sun at 9 from Stubbylee. The lake has now gone...almost anyway.

Thanks everybody for entries into our relay, there are now 103 teams inc. FRA winners CVFR and Ambleside ladies. Strict 120 limit with 2 weeks to go.

107 teams now with 120 limit. On-line entries till Thursday. EOD if not full,but 120 is strict limit. Thanks!

Thanks to Richard and all the marshalls for putting the event on today. Was tough conditions with very strong winds but i thoroughly enjoyed it , stayed dry on leg 2 for me so didnt have it as bad as most of the leg 3 runners and the faster leg 4 guys who had the torrential rain and hail.

Our tent was a casualty as well, only lasting about an hour or so before two of the poles snapped

Well done as well to our Ladies team who took the win for York Knavesmire Harriers despite a few navigational errors on the first leg

We will definitely be back next year!

Well done to all who ran today. Am on that hill 150 + times every year and today at times was as brutal as it gets without ice and snow. Watching you all made me remember why I watch and don't race. No place for for wimps like me. Marshals on hill should collect first prize!

Big thanks to Rossendale today , lot of work by a lot of people much appreciated. Thanks.