Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Oldest extant race record

Quote Originally Posted by Graham Breeze View Post
    Yes, of course Styan's record is beatable. If someone put up, say, £50,000 for the record I doubt it would take 45 years to be broken.
    I've offered a cash prize for about the last 5 years for anyone beating the Shutlingsloe course record. Male or female. I think the female one is more beatable, but Jackie Lee was going well at the time.

I'll be surprised if the male record gets beaten in the next 20 years. Simon Bailey was English champion that year (2004) and conditions were good. He's had about 15 goes at beating his record since then.

Quote Originally Posted by noel View Post
    I've offered a cash prize for about the last 5 years for anyone beating the Shutlingsloe course record. Male or female. I think the female one is more beatable, but Jackie Lee was going well at the time.

I'll be surprised if the male record gets beaten in the next 20 years. Simon Bailey was English champion that year (2004) and conditions were good. He's had about 15 goes at beating his record since then.
    So you could put up £50,000 - for 19 years - and still sleep easy at night!
    Last edited by Graham Breeze; 14-10-2022 at 09:42 PM.
    "...as dry as the Atacama desert".

I've got a better idea. Transfer my consciousness into Matt Elkingtons body and I'll set a new record next year. I've got little time for cliques and old pals acts, I'll run the buggers ragged.