Page 19 of 31 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast

Thread: LDMT why not more popular

Just a quick reminder that entries close on Mon 26th August. So far we have 65 on Classic, 31 on Medium and 63 on Short. Event this year is based at Stool End Farm in Great Langdale.
    Courses are:
    Classic 27Km with 2150m climb.
    Medium 19Km with 1500m climb.
    Short 13Km with 1190m climb.
    The area is mostly runnable and the courses pose a good navigational challenge.
    There is the option to run as a pair on the short course so a good introduction to the event if you don't navigate but have a mate who does
    Mike Hind
    Borrowdale Fell runners

Quote Originally Posted by mykind View Post
    Just a quick reminder that entries close on Mon 26th August. So far we have 65 on Classic, 31 on Medium and 63 on Short. Event this year is based at Stool End Farm in Great Langdale.
    Courses are:
    Classic 27Km with 2150m climb.
    Medium 19Km with 1500m climb.
    Short 13Km with 1190m climb.
    The area is mostly runnable and the courses pose a good navigational challenge.
    There is the option to run as a pair on the short course so a good introduction to the event if you don't navigate but have a mate who does
    Today (Monday 26th) is the final day for entries.
    Mike Hind
    Borrowdale Fell runners

Mike, I have assumed that there is camping the night before, but can’t find any mention of that on the website. Have I just imagined that? Entry will be in shortly!

I have a text from a fellow competitor (and occasional forumite) telling me there’s camping at Stool End (water and toilets only).

Great. Working on the last bit of permits from the management committee and I’m in on the classic.

Live in Brum, run in Worcestershire and Shropshire
    Looking forward to my annual MOT! Managed to get my daughter to come along in a support role this year. She now runs regularly though not done a fell race yet. I'm secretly hoping she likes the look of it and considers entering the short with me as a pair next year.
    Pete Shakespeare - U/A

Going downhill fast

Live in Brum, run in Worcestershire and Shropshire
    Pete Shakespeare - U/A

Going downhill fast

Quote Originally Posted by PeteS View Post
    Oh, that's interesting. I'm starting a minute before my wife. I'll be walking around the Medium course while she does the Classic. I wonder who'll be back first!

It's good to see so many parent/child pairs on the Short course.

I’ve posted in car sharing...but feel it might be missed; is anyone driving from Derby/E Mids either on Saturday pm or Sunday (my start is 9.03). I can give fuel money and nice cake, though not guaranteeing intelligent conversation!

Quote Originally Posted by felltrumpet View Post
    I’ve posted in car sharing...but feel it might be missed; is anyone driving from Derby/E Mids either on Saturday pm or Sunday (my start is 9.03). I can give fuel money and nice cake, though not guaranteeing intelligent conversation!
    We'll be heading up from New Mills some time on Saturday afternoon, camping at Stool End Farm if that's any help.

Err, are you sure about your start time? That means you're either me or Ben Abdelnoor!